League of Legends' next big content patch is 7.4, introducing a fancy new Anivia skin, as well as a host of balance and bug fixes. Cho'gath's ultimate rework has been reintroduced . Have a look below for all the information we've got, straight from the PBE.
Want in? You'll need the best League of Legends champions.
LoL Patch 7.4 Release Date And Downtime
Patch 7.4 will be deployed to live servers on February 23 as part of maintenance at 3am PST for NA, 5am UK for EUW and 3am CET for EUNE. The one day delay over normal can be attributed to the Presidents Day holiday on Monday in the US. Keep an eye on the server maintenance page for the latest updates about your region.
LoL Patch 7.4 Balance Changes
That out of the way, let’s start with the really important bit, shall we? What you need to remember is that stuff on the PBE like this is neither guaranteed to happen, nor to be in the next patch even if it does. This is what the folks over at Riot are thinking about doing. We’ve got the numbers on what’s changing, and a general guideline on which way each champion, item, mastery, summoner spell or rune is moving.
Patch 7.4 Champion Changes
Bard - buffed
- Traveler's Call (Passive):
- Movement speed when picking up chimes increased to [10% + 14% per stack] from [6% + 12% per stack]
Cho'gath - changed
- Many of these changes return from the LoL patch 7.3 PBE - you can see some discussion on them as part of our video there.
- Vorpal Spikes (E):
- Now has a sixth rank once 10 Feast stacks are hit.
- Feast (R):
- Can stack above six infinitely, though size and attack range caps at 10.
- No longer loses stacks on death.
- No longer gains two stacks from champion kills.
- Minions and non-epic monsters will only provide five stacks, and don't refund cost or cooldown. These do not have to be the first five stacks gained.
- 10% bonus HP ratio and 50% AP ratio.
- Full text:
- Ravenously feed on an enemy, dealing 300/475/650 (+10% bonus health, +50% AP) true damage to champions or 1000 (+10% bonus health, +50% AP) to minions and monsters. If the target is killed, Cho'Gath gains a stack of Feast, which causes him to grow in size and gain 80/110/140 maximum health.
Corki - changed
- Missile Barrage (R):
- Base damage decreased to 75/100/125 from 100/130/160
- AP scaling on missiles decreased to 20% from 30%
- Total AD scaling on missiles decreased to 15/45/75% from 20/60/100%
- Big One damage increased to 100% bonus damage from 50%
- Now shows stored missiles and Big One status on secondary resource bar.
Fizz - changed
- No changes, but expected in 7.5.
Jhin - nerfed
- Curtain Call (R):
- Slow duration decreased to 0.5 seconds from 0.75
Katarina - nerfed
- Magic resistance decreased to 32 from 34.
Maokai - nerfed
- Arcane Smash (Q):
- Mana cost increased to 45/50/55/60/65 mana from 45.
- Sapling Toss (E):
- Removed landing impact damage.
Ryze - nerfed
- Spell Flux (E):
- Bonus damage effect for Overload (Q) decreased to 40/50/60/70/80% from 40/55/70/85/100%
Shaco - changed
- Jack in the Box (W):
- Trap now triggers if revealed by a ward or trinket.
Teemo - changed
- Noxious Trap (R):
- Now shows a collision indicator when revealed, allowing players to avoid it more easily
In addition to the above specific changes, the following trap-style abilities can now be attacked from a longer range than previously:
- Jhin E - 125 units from 50
- Nidalee W - 50 units from 25
- Shaco W and R - 50 units from 25
- Teemo R - 125 units from 50
In addition, the following items no longer automatically destroy these traps, but do reveal them:
- Control Ward
- Oracles Alteration
- Sweeping Lens
- Duskblade of Draktharr
Patch 7.4 Item Changes
- Black Cleaver - changed
- Health increased to 400 from 300
- Attack damage decreased to 40 from 50
- Build changed from [Phage + Caulfield's Warhammer + 850g] to [Phage + Kindlegem + 950g]
- Total cost decreased to 3000 from 3100
- Blade of the Ruined King - changed
- Blade of the Ruined King changes were reverted. They will return in the patch 7.5 PBE.
- Giant Slayer - nerfed
- Giant Slayer passive effect changed to [1% damage per 100 health difference, maxing at 1000 health difference] from [1% damage per 50 health difference, maxing at 500 health difference]
- Knight's Vow - changed
- Build changed to [Crystalline Bracer + Chain Vest + 850g], total cost stays the same.
- Armor increased to 40 from 20
- Passive additional armor decreased to 20 from 40
- Tether range increased to 1000 from 900
- Last Whisper - changed
- AD decreased to 10 from 25.
- Bonus Armor Pen increased to 45% from 30%
- Now requires a Long Sword and 950 gold, rather than a Pickaxe and 425 gold. Same full cost.
- Lord Dominik's Regards - nerfed
- Giant Slayer passive changed in the same way as Giant Slayer item.
- Youmuu's Ghostblade - nerfed
- Lethality decreased to 15 from 20
Patch 7.4 Mastery Changes
- Bounty Hunter (Ferocity Tier 4) - nerfed
- Damage for each unique enemy champion you've killed decreased to 1% from 1.5%
- Double Edge Sword (Ferocity Tier 4) - changed
- Changed to [deal 3% and take 1.5%] from [deal 5% and take 2.5% additional damage]
- Battle Trance (Ferocity Tier 4) - nerfed
- Effect decreased to [3% over 3 seconds] from [5% over 5 seconds]
- Merciless (Cunning Tier 3) - nerfed
- Effect decreased to 0.6/1.2/1.8/2.4/3% from 1/2/3/4/5%
- Meditation (Cunning Tier 3) - nerfed
- Effect decreased to 0.25/0.5/0.75/1/1.25% from 0.3/0.6/0.9/1.2/1.5%
- Precision (Cunning Tier 5) - nerfed
- Lethality: 1.2 per rank from 1.7 per rank
- Magic Penetration:
- Flat: 0.3 per rank from 0.6 per rank
- Per Level: 0.05*level from 0.06*level
- Fearless (Resolve Tier 4) - nerfed
- Armor/mr bonus decreased to 1.5 per level from 2 per level
- Fervor of Battle (Ferocity Tier 6) - buffed
- Stacks of Fervor duration increased to 8 seconds from 6 seconds
- Warlord's Bloodlust (Ferocity Tier 6) - nerfed
- Life steal based on missing health decreased to 15% from 20%
Patch 7.4 General Changes
- Turret first blood bounty decreased to 300 gold from 400. No longer grants gold to all teammates.
- Full gold is given to both the player who revealed a ward and the one who killed it. Does not stack.
LoL Patch 7.4 XP changes
Experience rewards are being adjusted, specifically for players who are behind the curve, both in terms of vs. the champions they kill and compared to other champions on their team. Here's the breakdown, with more details available from Riot:
- You get extra XP for champion takedowns based on how far behind the rest of your team you are.
- Scales from a touch at one level behind, 25% at two behind to 60% at four behind.
- Also extra XP based on level disparity between you and an opponent in a takedown, around 10% at four levels difference.
LoL Patch 7.4 New Skins
Second most important: cosmetics. Lovely, gorgeous cosmetics. Bit more of a visual medium this, so we’ve grabbed the best videos of each skin, as well as a lovely pic or two. Some are relatively simple changes, while others are total reworks of every part of the champion outside the gameplay numbers - new VO, new animations, new particles and the rest. It’s generally defined by how much they cost, so we’ve detailed that as well.
Festival Queen Anivia
975 RP. Details from Riot.
Here's their splash:
Patch 7.4 Yordle Skin Tweaks
A wide splash art update is going out with patch 7.4 that changes many Yordle splash arts - like Corki, Lulu etc. - to have four fingers rather than five, in accordance with the lore. [email protected] have a full old/new gallery on Imgur. Several in-game models have also been changed to reflect this, though they're understandably difficult to even notice.
LoL Patch 7.4 Unanimous Surrender Option
Various datamined text strings refer to a unanimous surrender option being added, which will allow a 15 minute surrender if all players on a team agree. It's yet to be fully implemented, even on PBE, and will have a staggered roll out across regions. More info in this recent devpost.
All Random Ultra Rapid Fire Returns
ARURF, the best named game mode of all time, returns for testing on the PBE with a few tweaks. Full details on the forums.
That's League of Legends patch 7.4. We'll update as and when we get more info, or we'll see you for patch 7.5 in the very near future. Let us know below if there's any vital info we missed!