League of Legends’ next big content patch is 7.7, introducing God Fist Lee Sin, as well as a host of balance and bug fixes. Various ultimates have received additional affects or buffs to help their respective champions, and there’s a general buff wave across the board. Have a look below for all the information we’ve got, straight from the PBE.
Want in? You’ll need the best League of Legends champions.
LoL Patch 7.7 Release Date And Downtime
Patch 7.7 will be released on the morning of Wednesday, April 5 at 03:00 PT for NA, 05:00 GMT for EUW and 03:00 CET for EUNE. Keep an eye on the server maintenance page for the latest updates.
With things starting to wrap up ahead of release, Riot’s Andrei ‘Meddler’ van Roon has posted various updates on what’s happening with plans for patch 7.8.
LoL Patch 7.7 Balance Changes
That out of the way, let’s start with the really important bit, shall we? What you need to remember is that stuff on the PBE like this is neither guaranteed to happen, nor to be in the next patch even if it does. This is what the folks over at Riot are thinking about doing. We’ve got the numbers on what’s changing, and a general guideline on which way each champion, item, mastery, summoner spell or rune is moving.
Patch 7.7 Champion Changes
Alistar – buffed
- Triumphant Roar (Passive):
- Now heals all nearby allied champions, increased from one.
- Trample (E):
- Cooldown decreased to 12/11.5/11/10.5/10 from 16/15.5/15/14.5/14
- Additional damage based on level increased to [40+15 per level] from [40+10 per level]
- Cursed Touch (Passive):
- Now: “Amumu’s basic attacks Curse enemies for 3 seconds, causing them to take 15% bonus true damage from any magic damage dealt to them.”
- No longer has previous effect.
- Despair (W):
- Damage per second increased to10/15/20/25/30 from8/12/16/20/24
- Now ticks every half-second for half-damage.
- Now refreshes passive Curse on nearby enemies
- Curse of the Sad Mummy (R):
- Now applies passive Curse after damage is dealt
- Traveler’s Call (Passive):
- Meeps now gain 15 damage every five chimes in addition to other chime bonuses
- Every chime tier now improived utility
- New meep maximum is nine
- New chime details:
- 5 Chimes: 25% slow
- 10 Chimes: +1 meep (2 max)
- 15 Chimes: Meeps deal damage in a cone behind the target
- 20 Chimes: 7-second meep respawn
- 25 Chimes: +10% slow (35% total)
- 30 Chimes: +1 meep (3 max)
- 35 Chimes: Damage cone size increased
- 40 Chimes: 6-second meep respawn
- 45 Chimes: +10% slow (45% total)
- 50 Chimes: +1 meep (4 max)
- 55 Chimes: 5-second meep respawn
- 60 Chimes: +10% slow (55% total)
- 65 Chimes: +1 meep (5 max)
- 70 Chimes: 4-second meep respawn
- 75 Chimes: +10% slow (65% total)
- 80 Chimes: +1 meep (6 max)
- 85 Chimes: +10% slow (75% total)
- 90 Chimes: +1 meep (7 max)
- 95 Chimes: +1 meep (8 max)
- 100 Chimes: +1 meep (9 max)
- 105 Chimes: +15 damage
- 110 Chimes: +15 damage
- 115 Chimes: +15 damage
- 120 Chimes: +15 damage
- 125 Chimes: +15 damage
- 130 Chimes: +15 damage
- 135 Chimes: +15 damage
- 140 Chimes: +15 damage
- 145 Chimes: +15 damage
- 150+ Chimes: +15 damage
- Tactical Sweep (W):
- Now only heals from champion hits with outer half. Minions/monster clause removed entirely.
- The Hextech Ultimatum (R):
- Duration decreased to 2.5/3.25/4seconds from 4 at all ranks
- Colossal Smash (Passive):
- Damage decreased to 12-80 (at levels 1-18) from 15-100
- Winds of War (Q):
- AP ratio increased to 75%from 60%
- Combined tornado damage decreased to 6% of enemy’s maximum healthfrom 9%
- Quickdraw (E):
- True Grit stacks no longer give MR.
Jarvan IV –changed
- Golden Aegis (W):
- Base shield changed to 65/90/115/140/165from 50/80/110/140/170
- Shield scaling changed to [2/2.5/3/3.5/4% of Jarvan’s total Max health]from [20/40/60/80/100 flat]
- Flame Chompers! (E):
- Cooldown decreased to 24/20.5/17/13.5/10 secondsfrom 24/22/20/18/16
Kassadin – buffed
- Force Pulse (E):
- Cooldown decreased to 5 seconds from 6
- Riftwalk (R):
- AP ratio increased to 30%from 20%
- Shunpo (E):
- Cooldown increased to 14/12.5/11/9.5/8 from 10/9.5/9/8.5/8.
- Changes pulled from 7.7, but expect a minor rework in 7.8.
- Some deets here.
- Final Spark (R):
- New effect: If Final Spark kills an enemy champion, 10/30/50% of its cooldown is refunded.
Nunu – changed
- Base health regen decreased to 1.4from 1.678
- Base health decreased to 575from 598.28
- Visionary (P):
- New effect: “After 5 basic attacks, Nunu’s next spell cast will cost no Mana and its effects will be upgraded to the next rank“
- If it is at max rank, it gets the following benefits instead:
- Consume: +160 Damage and +50 Healing
- Blood Boil: +1% Movement Speed and +5% Attack Speed
- Ice Blast: +40 Damage and +5% Movement Speed Slow
- Absolute Zero: +250 Maximum Damage
- Savagery (Q):
- Damage decreased to 25/45/65/85/105from 35/55/75/95/115
- Bonus AD ratio decreased to 20/30/40/50/60%from 30/40/50/60/70%
- Electric Harpoon (E):
- Recharge time increased to 6 seconds from 5
- Backstab (Passive):
- Critical strike damage normalised to [130% (+40% AP)]from [120% – 145%]
- Deceive (Q):
- Cooldown increased to 16/15.5/15/14.5/14from 14 at all ranks
- Removedbase damage and AP ratio.
- Noxian Diplomacy (Q):
- Damage decreased to 60/85/110/135/160from 80/100/120/140/160
- Thunder Claws (R):
- Chain count increased to 8 from 4
- Small delay between bounces
- Better at searching for additional targets before ending the chain early
Patch 7.7 Jungle changes
- Base attack damage decreased to 13.33 from 16
- Health increased to 400-680 (levels 1-10) from 350-612.5
LoL Patch 7.7 New Skins
Second most important: cosmetics. Lovely, gorgeous cosmetics. Bit more of a visual medium this, so we’ve grabbed the best videos of each skin, as well as a lovely pic or two. Some are relatively simple changes, while others are total reworks of every part of the champion outside the gameplay numbers – new VO, new animations, new particles and the rest. It’s generally defined by how much they cost, so we’ve detailed that as well.
Only available through the crafting system. Details from Riot.
Extremely Warhammer 40,000 splash art:
God Fist Lee Sin
1820 RP. Details from Riot.
Here’s the unique voice over:
He also comes with his own God Fist Ward skin:
Patch 7.7 Karma Splash Art Reworks
Karma’s getting new splash art for a batch of skins, as well as a few tweaks. Here are the fully new ones:
Sun Goddess Karma
LoL Patch 7.7 Login Screen
Each patch has its own login screen with unique music. They’re always fairly excellent, and 7.7’s is no exception. It’s based around God Fist Lee Sin:
LoL Patch 7.7 MSI Features
With the mid-season invitational coming up, there’s going to be in-game events to commemorate it. Some strings have been discovered in the client that point towards publicly supporting teams and having that announced in-game:
Presumably, a global total of wins and losses for each team based on their fans will be worked out, and someone declared the victor. Digital sports!
All Random Summoner’s Rift next RGM
The next rotating game mode will be ARSR. Here’s Riot’s post on what this involves. You can probably guess, though.
That’s League of Legends patch 7.7. We’ll update as and when we get more info, or we’ll see you for patch 7.8 in the very near future. Let us know below if there’s any vital info we missed!