League of Legends patch 8.20 is here, bringing us back to normal service after the Worlds patch from last time around. The headline act this patch is Ezreal’s rework, which offers the Prodigal Explorer a few more options when it comes to those tense one-on-one duels, with particular tweaks to his W and E.
Elsewhere, it’s a pretty quiet patch on the balance side of things, but unless there are any major issues, Riot might be content to leave well enough alone until closer to pre-season. That means that for now, there are no item or rune changes, and only Ezreal has seen any tweaks so far.
There are, however, a host of new skins. Most of Ezreal’s skins have been changed thanks to his new model (although the SSG and Star Guardian skins remain the same). Elsewhere, there’s the fiery Infernal Amumu, and an adorable new Heimerdinger skin. The revered inventor has joined fellow Yordles Lulu and Tristana in taking on a couple of new dragon apprentices, replacing his turrets with fiery lizard companions.
LOL PATCH 8.19 RELEASE DATE & DOWNTIME
We don’t know the exact release date for patch 8.19 yet, but the schedule is bi-weekly, so expect it on Wednesday, October 10. We’ll update when Riot do, but keep an eye on the server maintenance page for the latest update.
Rising Spell Force (Passive):
- Hitting a target with any of Ezreal’s abilities increases his Attack Speed by 10% for 6 seconds (stacks up to 5 times).
Mystic Shot (Q):
- 28/31/34/37/40 mana
- 5.5/5.25/5/4.75/4.5 second cooldown
- Ezreal fires a bolt of energy, dealing 15/40/65/90/115 (+110% Total AD)(+30% AP) physical damage (applies on-hit effects). Ezreal’s cooldowns are reduced by 1.5 seconds if Mystic Shot hits a target.
Essence Flux (W):
- 50 mana
- 12 second cooldown
- Ezreal fires an orb that sticks to the first champion or objective hit for 4 seconds. Hitting the orb with an ability or attack detonates it dealing 75/120/165/210/255 (+60% Bonus AD)(+70% AP) magic damage. Detonating with an ability refunds the cost of that ability +60 mana.
Arcane Shift (E):
- 90 mana
- 19/17.5/16/14.5/13 second cooldown
- Ezreal teleports to a nearby location and fires a bolt at the nearest enemy, dealing 80/130/180/230/280 (+50% Bonus AD)(+75% AP) magic damage. Arcane Shift will prioritize targets stuck with Essence Flux.
Trueshot Barrage (R):
- 100 mana
- 120 second cooldown
- Ezreal winds up for 1 second to fire a long range missile that deals 350/500/650 (+100% Bonus AD)(+90% AP) magic damage to each enemy it passes through. Deals 10% less damage for each enemy hit (maximum 30%).
You can check out all of Ezreal’s new special interactions below:
Evelynn – nerfed
- Whiplash (E):
- Empowered damage decreased to 75/100/125/150/175 from 95/115/135/155/175.
- Last Caress (R):
- Damage decreased to 125/250/375 from 150/275/400.
Fiora – hotfixed
- Duelist’s Dance (P):
- Vital healing increased to 40-115 from 35-110.
Graves – nerfed
- Base AD
- Decreased to 63 from 66.
Dragon Trainer Heimerdinger – 1820 RP
Here’s his splash:
Infernal Amumu – 1350 RP
Here’s his splash:
The Ezreal rework means that patch 8.20 comes with a revamp of most of his skins (although some of the more modern outfits are basically untouched). You can check out the new splash arts below:
League of Legends patch 8.20 login screen
Every League of Legends patch comes with its own custom Login Screen. They’re usually fairly excellent, and patch 8.20’s is no exception – this time out you’re getting a look at the new Pulsefire Ezreal.
You’re all up-to-date! That’s everything we’ve got for you as part of patch 8.20, but make sure to check back for patch 8.21 in the very near future.