League of Legends patch 8.24 has hit the PBE, meaning we’re very close to the end of preseason and the start of Season 9. Before that though, we’ve got a whole new champion to introduce, as well as a bunch of skins to take a look at.
The headline change this time around is Neeko, the curious chameleon. The inquisitive Vastayan is all about misdirection, with the ability to take on the form of her allies to try and bamboozle her foes. To add to that, she can go invisible and project a clone of herself, making your enemies even more confused.
In terms of balance changes, there’s not a lot to see – most of the big preseason edits came in patch 8.23. Check back over the next couple of weeks for some more balance updates. There are, however, a whole bunch of new Winter-themed skins to check out in the latest update, as well as a new Prestige Edition skin for K/DA Akali, and a brand-new Hextech exclusive cosmetic for Renekton.
We don’t have an exact release date for League of League of Legends patch 8.24 just yet, but the patch schedule is bi-weekly, so expect it on Wednesday, December 5.
- Attack Range: 550
- Base AD: 52
- AD Per Level: 3
- Base Armor: 21
- Armor Per Level: 4
- Base MR: 30
- MR Per Level: 0.5
- Base HP: 540
- HP Per level: 90
- Base HP Regen: 1.5
- HP Regen Per Level: 0.15
- Base Mana: 450
- Mana Per Level: 30
- AS Per Level: 3.5
- Base Move Speed: 340
- Inherent Glamour (P):
- 25/22/19/16/13/10 second cooldown
- “Neeko can disguise herself as an allied champion. Champion combat or casting damaging spell breaks the disguise.”
- Blooming Burst (Q):
- 50/60/70/80/90 mana
- 7 second cooldown
- “Neeko throws a seed that blooms to deal 80/125/170/215/260 (+50% AP) magic damage. If it kills a unit or damages a champion or large monster, it will bloom again, dealing 40/60/80/100/120 (20% AP) damage. Max 2 extra blooms.”
- Shapesplitter (W):
- No cost
- 20/19/18/17/16 second cooldown
- Passive: Every 3rd attack deals 50/80/110/140/170 (+60% AP) bonus magic damage and increases Neeko’s movement speed by 20/25/30/35/40% for 1 second.
- Active: Neeko becomes invisible for 0.5 seconds and projects a clone that lasts 2 seconds. Neeko and the clone gain 20/25/30/35/40% movement speed for 2 seconds.
- Tangle-Barbs (E):
- 60/65/70/75/80 Mana
- 12/11.5/11/10.5/10s Cooldown
- Neeko slings a tangle that deals 80/115/150/185/220 (+40% AP) magic damage and roots for 0.5 seconds. The last champion hit is rooted for 0.7/0.9/1.1/1.3/1.5 seconds instead.
- The tangle becomes empowered after hitting 2 enemies, growing larger, moving faster and rooting the last champion hit for 1.8/2.1/2.4/2.7/3 seconds.
- Pop Blossom (R):
- 100 Mana
- 90s Cooldown
- After 1.25 seconds Neeko leaps into the air. She gains a shield that absorbs 50/80/110 (+50% AP) damage (+40/60/80 for each nearby enemy champion). Nearby enemies are slowed by 40%. When Neeko lands she deals 200/425/650 (130% AP) magic damage and stuns nearby enemies for 1.25 seconds. This ability can be prepared in secret if Neeko is disguised.
Here’s what that all looks like together:
And here are all of her special interactions and her full voiceover:
Patch 8.24 Champion Changes
Aatrox – nerfed
- The Darkin Blade (Q):
- Monsters no longer take 10% bonus damage.
Akali – nerfed
- Twilight Shroud (W):
- Base duration decreased to 4/4.5/5/5.5/6 seconds from 5/5.5/6/6.5/7 seconds.
- Max duration decreased to 6/6.5/7/7.5/8 seconds from 8/8.5/9/9.5/10 seconds.
Camille – nerfed
- Attack speed:
- Decreased to .644 to .624
Illaoi – buffed
- Test of Spirit (E):
- Cooldown decreased to 16/15/14/13/12 seconds from 20/18/16/14/12 seconds.
- Leap of Faith (R):
- Cooldown decreased from 120/95/70 seconds from 120/105/90 seconds.
Irelia – changed
- Defiant Dance (W):
- Cooldown increased to 20/18/16/14/12 seconds from 16/15/14/13/12 seconds.
- Incoming damage reduction decreased to 40% from 50%.
LeBlanc – nerfed
- Distortion (W):
- Cooldown increased to 18/16/14/12/10 seconds from 14/13/12/11/10 seconds.
Viktor – changed
- Siphon Power (Q):
- Cooldown increased to 9/8/7/6/5 seconds from 8/7/6/5/4 seconds.
- Damage decreased to 50/65/80/95/110 from 60/80/100/120/140.
- Death Ray (E):
- Cooldown increased to 12/11/10/9/8 seconds from 13/12/11/10/9 seconds.
- Damage AP ratio increased to 60% from 50%.
Patch 8.24 Rune Changes
Dark Harvest – nerfed
- Decreased to 20-60 from 40-80.
Winter Wonder Neeko – 1350 RP
Here’s her splash:
Frozen Prince Mundo – 1350 RP
Ice King Twitch – 1350 RP
K/DA Akali Prestige Edition – Available for Snow Tokens
Here’s her splash:
Hextech Renekton – Crafting exclusive
League of Legends patch 8.24 Login Screen
Every League of Legends patch has it’s own Login screen. They’re all fairly excellent, and patch 8.24’s is no exception – this time out, it focuses on Neeko, the Curious Chameleon.
That’s everything on show so far in League of Legends patch 8.24. Make sure to check back for patch 9.1 in the very near future.