League of Legends’ next big content patch is 8.6, featuring a new ultimate skin for Miss Fortune, and the usual host of balance changes and bug fixes. The biggest news is a lot of tuning for LeBlanc.
Catch up on the current state of the live game with the League of Legends patch 8.5 notes.
LoL Patch 8.6 Release Date And Downtime
We don’t know the exact release date for patch 8.6 yet, but the schedule is bi-weekly so expect it on Wednesday, March 21. We’ll update when Riot do, but keep an eye on theserver maintenance pagefor the latest updates.
LoL Patch 8.6 Balance Changes
That out of the way, let’s start with the really important bit, shall we? What you need to remember is that stuff on the PBE like this is neither guaranteed to happen, nor to be in the next patch even if it does. This is what the folks over at Riot arethinkingabout doing. We’ve got the numbers on what’s changing, and a general guideline on which way each champion, item, mastery, summoner spell or rune is moving.
Patch 8.6 Champion Changes
- Attack damage growth increased to 3 from 2.41.
- Magic resist growth increased to 1 from 0.5.
- Smoke screen (W):
- Wind-up decreased to 0.15 seconds from 0.25 seconds.
- Vision reduction now applies more quickly.
- Attack range increased to 525 units from 500 units.
- Second Skin (P):
- Stack ratio increased to 0.2/0.25/0.3/0.35/0.4 AP per stack from 0.1/0.15/0.2/0.25/0.3.
- Plasma Detonation ratio increased to 3.75% target’s missing health per 100 AP from 2.5% target’s health per 100 AP.
- Icathian Rain (Q):
- Range increased to 600 units from 575.
- Ratio per missile increased to 0.4 AP from 0.2.
- AP ratio fro six missile increased to 1.0 AP from 0.5 AP.
- Void Seeker (W):
- AP ratio decreased to 45% from 65%.
- Supercharge (E):
- Cast time decreased to 1.2-0.6 seconds from 1.5-0.75 seconds.
- Minimum bonus movement speed increased to 55/60/65/70/75% from 40/45/50/55/60%.
- Maximum bonus movement speed increased to 110/120/130/140/150 from 80/90/100/110/120%.
- Killer Instinct (R):
- Radius around enemy champions increased to 525 units from 500.
- Killer Instinct’s shield is now granted on-cast, and lingers for 3 secons after dash ends.
- Blade’s Reach (W):
- Ratio increased to 1.3 bonus AD from 1.2 bonus AD.
- Umbral Tresspass (R):
- Ratio increased to 1.75 bonus attack damage from 1.5 bonus attack damage.
- Rhaast’s ratio unchanged.
- Taste Their Fear (Q):
- Isolation damage bonus increased to 100% from 65%.
- Void Spike (W):
- No longer does 20% bonus damage to monsters.
Lee Sin –buffed
- Flurry (P):
- Energy return increased to 20/10 (at level 1) – 30/15 (at level 11) from 20/10.
- Resonating Strike (Q):
- Range increased to 1200 units from 1100.
- Dragon’s Rage (R):
- Damage increased to 150/375/600 from 150/300/450.
- Ardent Blaze (W):
- Damage increased to 85/125/165/205/245.
- The Culling (R):
- Ratio per shot increased to 0/25 total AD from 0.2 total AD.
- Max ratio increased to 5.0/6.25/7.5 total AD from 4/5/6 total AD.
Miss Fortune –buffed
- AD per level increased to 2 from 1.
- Shroud of Darkness (W)
- Tooltip now notes “Shroud of Darkness will remain active during Paranoia’s flight.”
- Base AD decreased to 59 from 62.
- AD per level increased to 3 from 2.4.
- (AD at 18 increased to 110 from 103)
- Harrier (passive):
- Auto-attacks that are already in flight will now trigger and consume the Harrier mark.
- Behind Enemy Lines (R)
- Skystrike now applies Harrier mark to all enemy champions hit.
- Channeling no longer breaks when taking damage.
- Removed the in-combat state that would refresh R’s cooldown every time combat was entered.
- Taking damage from non-minions while channeling, or while Behind Enemy Lines is active, no longer breaks the channel or form. Instead, the movement speed bonus is removed for 2 seconds. Taking damage from minions no longer has any effect.
- Returning to the fountain now automatically casts Behind Enemy Lines if it has been learned.
- Gleaming Quill (Q):
- AP ratio increased to 60% from 50%.
- Grand Entrance (W):
- AP ratio increased to 70% from 50%.
- Battle Dance (E):
- Range increased to 700 from 600.
- Bonus range towards Zayah decreased to 300 from 400.
- Savagery (Q):
- Empowered AD ratio increased to 140% from 130%.
- Bola Strike (E):
- Bonus AD ration increased to 80% from 70%.
- Thrill of the Hunt (R):
- Leap bonus damage total AD ratio increased to 50% from 30%.
- Flamespitter (Q):
- Total damage increased to150/200/250/300/350 (+110% AP) from135/180/225/270/315 (+110% AP).
- Damage to minions decreased to 70% from 75%.
- The Equalizer (R):
- Total damage (over five seconds) increased to 700/1000/1300 (+175%AP) from 650/925/1200 (+150% AP).
- Deceive (Q):
- Shaco’s next basic attacj after Deceive now deals10/20/30/40/50 (+0.7bonus attack damage) (+0.3 ability power) bonus physical damage.
- Blade’s End (P):
- Damage changed to 75-245 from 75-175.
- Shadow Assault (R):
- Bonus AD ratio increased to 100% from 80%.
- AD per level increased to 4 from 3.2.
- Crushing Blow (Q):
- Bonus AD ratio increased to 10/20/30/40/50% from 10% at all ranks.
- Base attack speed increased to 0.658 from 0.651.
- Razor Shuriken (Q):
- Damage is no longer reduced on shurikens that hit the same enemy.
- Death Mark (R):
- Damage bonus changed to 24/40/55% from 20/35/45%.
Patch 8.6 Item Changes
- Unique aura – nearby enemy champions take 15% more magic damage, increased from 10%.
- Range reduced.
Dead Man’s Plate–changed
- Unique Passive – Dreadnought: No longer mentions momentum decats under effect of a slow or while basic attacking.
- Unique Passive – Crushing Blow: Now discharges at any number stacks, slow still only occurs at max stacks and for melee only. Now deals magic damage.
Duskblade of Draktharr–changed
- Unique passive – Blackout has gained a new effect: melee attacks instantly kill traps and wards.
- Unique passive – Nightstalker:
- No longer deals different damage for melee or ranged.
- Damage decreaed to [30 – 200] from [Melee (65 – 320) / Ranged (45 – 300)].
- New recipe: Amplifying Tome _ Recurve Bow + Pickaxe + 690g.
- Cost decreased to 3000gfrom 3600g.
- +25 AD
- +25 AP
- +25% Attack Speed
- Basic attacks deal an additional 25 magic damage on hit.
- Unique passive changed:
- Basic attacks grant +2.5% total attack speed, +2.5% attack damage, and +2.5% Ability Power for 2.5 seconds.
- Upon reaching six stacks, Rageblade is fully unlocked, granting Guinsoo’s Rage.
- Guinsoo’s Rage effect changed:
- Every other basic attack will trigger on-hit effects an additional time. While at half stacks, melee champions; next attacks will fully stack rageblade.
- Total cost decreased to 2800 gold from 3000 gold.
- Combine cost decreased to 650 gold from 850 gold.
- Unique Passive – Firecannon damage increased to 60-140 from 50-120.
- Unique Active: Mana Shield mana cost decreased to 15% current mana from 20%.
- Shield duration decreased to 2 seconds from 3 seconds.
- Cost: 2100g.
- Recipe: Kindlegem + Aether Wisp + 450g.
- +40 AP.
- +200 Health.
- Unique: +10% Cooldown Reduction.
- Unique passive: +8% Movement Speed.
- Unique active: grants yourself and nearby allies +40% Movement Speed for 3 seconds (60 second cooldown).
- No longer deals bonus damage to minions.
- shiv Lightning Damage changed to 60-140 from 60-160.
Patch 8.6 Rune Changes
- Duration decreased to 3 seconds from 5 seconds.
Conqueror (Precision Keystone)–changed
- After 4 seconds in combat, your first attack against an enemy champion grants 10-50 AD, based on level, for 3s, and converts 20% of your damage to champions to True damage for the duration.
- Melee Only: damaging enemy champions refreshes this buff.
- “Start the game with an extra 60 health. At 4 takedowns, consume that health to gain an adaptive bonus of 9 Attack Damage or 15 Ability Power.”
Mirror ShellandIron Skin–removed
Patch 8.6 Summoner Spell Changes
- Cooldown increased to 270 seconds from 240 seconds.
- Damage increased to 80-505 from 70-410.
LoL Patch 8.6 New Skins
Second most important: cosmetics. Lovely, gorgeous cosmetics. Bit more of a visual medium this, so we’ve grabbed the best videos of each skin, as well as a lovely pic or two. Some are relatively simple changes, while others are total reworks of every part of the champion outside the gameplay numbers – new VO, new animations, new particles and the rest. It’s generally defined by how much they cost, so we’ve detailed that as well.
Gun Goddess Miss Fortune
Our next ultimate skin is for Miss Fortune. It includes four exosuits: Scarlet Fair (the base model), Zero Hour, Royal Arms, and Starswarm, each of which also comes with its own icon. You can change between them whenever you’re at your fountain via a UI pop-up.
All of that can be yours for2775 RP. If you’re feeling flush,3500 RPwill get the premium bundle, which includes all of the above as well as a portrait icon, a limited edition loading screen border, and the Gun Goddess ward skin.
Here’s her splash:
You can see how her abilities look when wearing her new skin in this video, courtesy of Surrender@20:
And as you’d expect, Gun Goddess Miss Fortune comes with plenty of new voiceover and special interactions. Check it out:
Finally, there’ll be a new Gun Goddess Miss Fortune loading screen:
Hextech Alistar is exclusive to Hextech crafting, much like the Hextech Annie or Kog’Maw skins. You can unlock him with 10 gemstones or a skin shard.
Pizza Delivery Sivir
That’s League of Legends patch 8.6 so far. We’ll update as and when we get more info, or we’ll see you for patch 8.7, which is live now. Let us know below if there’s any vital info we missed!