Update – August 11: Patch 11.16 has headed to live! Check out our League of Legends patch 11.17 notes to see what’s coming up next.
The League of Legends patch cycle continues on. Now that League of Legends patch 11.15 has rolled onto live servers, its follow-up has begun to debut on the MOBA game’s testing grounds for what looks like an extended period of time this round – a three-week dev cycle, rather than the usual fortnight-long turnover we’re used to. So, with a bunch of new content ahead, let’s take a look at what’s coming for League of Legends patch 11.16, shall we?
While the previous two updates were all about the Sentinels, the Ruined King, Viego, and – of course – new champion Akshan, this time it’s all about a new batch of Coven skins. Themed around the alternate universe all about some dark deities’ attempts to return to the world, “challenged only by the light of the eclipse”, the new Coven skins are coming up for lucky champions Ahri, Ashe, Cassiopeia, Evelynn, Malphite, Warwick, and LeBlanc, who gets a Prestige Edition version.
As is usually the case when a patch is fresh to the PBE, there aren’t any balance changes to get a look at just yet, but we’ll very likely see some arrive in the coming days, so do keep checking back on these notes.
However, the “mid-scope Sona update” Riot’s planning to drop with patch 11.16 has now come to the PBE, which you can take a look at in the Sona update section below.
For now, let’s take a look at what’s coming up – here are the tentative League of Legends patch 11.16 notes (cheers, Surrenderat20!):
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 11.16 RELEASE DATE AND DOWNTIME
According to the League of Legends 2021 patch schedule, League of Legends patch 11.15 is due to go live on Wednesday August 11, 2021. Maintenance times haven’t yet been confirmed, but usually begin at 3am PT for NA servers, 5am UK time for EUW servers, and 3am CET for EUNE servers, and last for approximately three hours.
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 11.16 CHAMPION CHANGES
Diana – nerfed
- Moonsilver Blade (Passive):
- Damage dealt to monsters decreased to 250% from 300%
Fiora – nerfed
- Bladework (E):
- Ability cooldown increased to 11/10/9/8/7 seconds from 11/9.5/8/6.5/5 seconds
Jarvan IV – buffed
- Martial Cadence (Passive):
- Current HP damage increased to 105 from 8%
- Cataclysm (R):
- Bonus Attack Damage ratio increased to 180% from 150%
Jhin – buffed
- Deadly Flourish (W):
- Damage dealt by ability increased to 60/95/130/165/200 from 50/85/120/155/190
- Curtain Call (R):
- Minimum damage attack damage ratio increased to 25% from 20%
Karma – changed
- Gathering Fire (Passive):
- Reduction of Mantra cooldown increased to 5-7 seconds from 2-5 seconds
- Removed! This ability now doesn’t reduce cooldown upon basic attacks dealt
- Inner Flame (Q):
- Damage dealt has decreased to 70/120/170/220/270 from 90/135/180/225/270
- Ability cooldown decreased to 9/8/7/6/5 from 8/7.5/7/6.5/6
- Mana cost decreased to 45 from 55
- Bonus Mantra damage increased to 40/100/160/220 from 25/75/125/175
- Inspire (E):
- Ability’s shield increased to 80/125/170/215/260 from 80/120/160/200/240
- Bonus Move Speed changed to a flat 40% from 40/45/50/55/60%
- Move Speed granted to nearby allied champion (through Mantra) changed to 30% from [same as the ally the spell was cast on]
- Mantra (R):
- Refer to Q and E changes listed above
Lee Sin – nerfed
- Safeguard (W):
- Ability’s shield decreased to 40/95/150/205/260 from 55/110/165/220/275
Lulu – nerfed
- Whimsy (W):
- Ability cooldown increased to 16/15/14/13/12 seconds from 15/14/13/12/11
- Wild Growth (R):
- Ability cooldown increased to 120/100/80 seconds from 110/95/80 seconds
Maokai – changed
- Sap Magic (Passive):
- Healing increased to 7-15% from 5-13%
- Sapling Toss (E):
- Damage dealt decreased to 20/45/70/95/120 from 25/50/75/100/125
- Ability power ratio decreased to [0.7% per 100 AP] from [0.8% per 100 AP]
Nunu – buffed
- Move Speed increased to 345 from 340
- Snowball Barrage (E):
- Total damage dealt increased to 90% AP from 54% AP
Sivir – buffed
- Ricochet (W):
- Attack damage ratio has increased to 30/45/60/75/90% from 30/40/50/60/70%
Tahm Kench – nerfed
- An Acquired Taste (Passive):
- Damage dealt increased to 8-60 from 12-60
- Tongue Lash (Q):
- Healing decreased to 10/15/20/25/30 from 15/20/25/30/35
Vladimir – buffed
- Crimson Pact (Passive):
- HP for each point of Ability Power increased to 1.6 from 1.4
- Extra Ability Power decreased to [1 AP for each 30 HP] from [1 AP for each 40 HP]
Xin Zhao – nerfed
- Base attack damage decreased to 63 from 66
Ziggs – changed
- Mana increased to 480 from 420
- Hexplosive Minefield (E):
- Damage dealt for each mine changed to 30/70/110/150/190 from 40/75/110/145/180
- Slow effect decreased to 10/20/30/45/50% from 30/35/40/45/50%
Here’s the early patch preview from Riot:
— Jeevun Sidhu (@JeevunSidhu) July 27, 2021
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 11.16 – SONA UPDATE
Power Chord (Passive):
- Sona gains Accelerando stacks from using her Basic Abilities well. She gains +0.5 Basic Ability Haste permanently per stack, up to 60 Basic Ability Haste. When she reaches 60 Basic Ability Haste, instead of gaining further stacks her current Ultimate Ability’s cooldown is reduced by 1.5 seconds.
- Power Chord:
- After using 3 basic abilities, Sona’s next Attack deals an additional [20-245 +20% AP] magic damage and may have an additional effect based on the song Sona last activated.
- Hymn of Valor:
- The Attack deals [28-336 +28% AP] magic damage instead.
- Aria of Perseverance:
- The target deals [25% +0.04% AP] less damage for 3 seconds.
- Song of Celerity:
- The target is Slowed by [40% +0.04% AP] for 2 seconds.
Hymn of Valor (Q):
- Sona deals [40/70/100/130/160 +40% AP] magic damage to the nearest two enemies, prioritizing champions. She then begins a new Melody. Gain a stack of Accelerando for every champion you damage with this.
- Melody: Sona gains an aura for 3 seconds, granting allied champions an additional [10/15/20/25/30 +20% AP] magic damage on their next Attack within 5 seconds.
- Power Chord – Staccato: Power Chord bonus damage ((28-336 +28% AP) total magic damage).
Aria of Perseverance (W):
- Sona restores [3050/70/90/110 +20% AP] Health to herself and a nearby allied champion, prioritizing the most wounded. She then begins a new
- Melody: Melody: Sona gains an aura for 3 seconds, granting allied champions [25/50/75/100/125 +30% AP] Shield for 1.5 seconds. Gain a stack of Accelerando whenever you heal another injured ally and every time you protect another ally from at least 25 damage with this shield.
- Power Chord – Diminuendo:
- Power Chord also reduces physical and magic damage dealt by the target for [25% +0.04% AP] for 3 seconds.
Song of Celerity (E):
- Sona begins a new Melody and grants herself [20% +0.02% AP] Move Speed for 3 seconds, extended to up to 7 seconds if she doesn’t take damage.
- Melody: Sona gains an aura for 3 seconds that grants allied champions [10/11/12/13/14% +0.02% AP] Move Speed for 3 seconds.
- Power Chord – Tempo:
- Power Chord also slows the target’s movement speed by [40% +0.04% AP] for 2 seconds.
- Sona strikes an irresistible chord, Stunning enemies for 1.5 seconds and dealing [150/250/350 +50% AP] magic damage.
- Enemies that know how to dance, will dance during the stun.
- Passive stacks lost on death (Glory) increased to 5 from 4
- Passive ability power (Dread) decreased to 4 from 5
- Active – Intervention:
- Heal effect increased to 200-400 from 180-360
- Item cooldown decreased to 90 seconds from 120 seconds
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 11.16 – CHAMPION SKINS
Here’s the COVEN AHRI splash art:
Here’s the COVEN ASHE splash:
Here’s the COVEN CASSIOPEIA splash:
COVEN EVELYNN – LEGEDNARY SKIN – 1820 RP
“Resurrected by the Black Crane, LeBlanc has rejoined her sisters with renewed purpose – yet the gifts of the Old Gods do not come without a price. As her body twists into new and strange forms, LeBlanc has discovered that she is the vessel through which her own dead god will return, and that it has granted her impossible power.”
With COVEN EVELYNN being a Legendary skin, she gets a new voiceover:
Here’s the COVEN EVELYNN splash art:
COVEN LEBLANC – PRESTIGE EDITION
Here’s the COVEN LEBLANC PRESTIGE EDITION splash art:
Here’s the COVEN WARWICK splash art:
Here’s the COVEN MALPHITE splash art:
- Your Shop is back on the PBE (offers a personalised sale on champion skins based on match history, with six offers available).#
- Riot has noted some changes for Graves based on his Sentinel skin hitbox:
To explain: the first Q missile is very thin, while the return missile is much wider. The quickcast indicator correctly shows the initial missile width, but the VFXs only showed that initial width in-game, instead of the appropriate return missile width.
— Ruined Sirhaian (@Sirhaian) July 21, 2021
This change should hit PBE tomorrow~! ✨
— Ruined Sirhaian (@Sirhaian) July 21, 2021
That’s all there is for the League of Legends patch 11.16 notes right now, but keep checking back on this page over its two-week-long testing cycle as there’ll be plenty more to get a look at as balance changes and other content start hitting the PBE.
If you’re after some tips to improve your game, take a look at our sister site The Loadout’s League of Legends ranks guide for some pointers on how to work your way up those ladders.