Update – September 22, 2021: 11.19 has gone live! Check out the League of Legends patch 11.20 notes to see what’s coming up next.
Here we are, well on our way into the League of Legends 2021 patch cycle. LoL patch 11.18 has been fired off onto live servers, which means it’s time to see what’s now dropping onto the MOBA game’s PBE for a fortnight o’ testing. There’s a whole lot to check out already for this update – let’s take a good look, shall we?
First up is, of course, League of Legends’ new champion Vex. We already saw Riot’s reveal of Vex’s abilities earlier this week, but now we’ve got the full rundown of the grumpy little yordle’s stats and exact tooltips, giving us a really good idea of how she’s going to tackle the Rift when she makes her debut very soon. You can check out all of these, plus her splash art, bio, and other details, in the Vex section of the notes below.
Elsewhere this patch, we’ve got a bunch of shiny new skins on the way, bringing fresh looks for Morgana, Yone, Lillia, Tryndamere, and Kayn across the Dawnbringer and Nightbringer skin lines, with lucky Kayn getting a prestige edition, too. We’ve also got our Worlds skin hitting the PBE, with Jarvan IV the champ getting the new look this year. Get a look at these in the champion skins section below.
As for balance changes, so far we’ve got some adjustments for Aatrox, Akali, Poppy, Seraphine, Ryze, and a few others on the PBE – but keep checking back on these notes as we’ll surely see more hit the testing grounds in the coming days, and we’ll post everything you need to know right here when they do.
Without further ado, here’s our rundown of the tentative League of Legends patch 11.19 notes (cheers, Surrenderat20!):
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 11.19 RELEASE DATE AND DOWNTIME
According to the League of Legends 2021 patch schedule, League of Legends patch 11.19 is due to go live on Wednesday, September 22, 2021. Maintenance times haven’t yet been confirmed, but usually begin at 3am PT for NA servers, 5am UK time for EUW servers, and 3am CET for EUNE servers, and last for approximately three hours.
League of Legends patch 11.19 – New Champion Vex
VEX, THE GLOOMIST
- Base HP – 520
- HP per level – 90
- HP regen / HP5 – 6.5
- HP regen per level – 0.12
- Base armour – 23
- Armour per level – 3.25
- Base AD – 54
- AD per level – 2.75
- Base mana – 490
- Mana per level – 32
- Move speed – 335
- Attack speed per level – 1
- Attack range – 550
Doom ‘n’ Gloom (Passive):
- Every [25-16] seconds Vex becomes afflicted with Doom, causing her next basic ability to interrupt dashes and Fear enemies for [0.75-1.5] seconds.
- Whenever a nearby enemy dashes or blinks, Vex marks them with Gloom for 6 seconds. Vex’s next attack against a Gloomed enemy deals an additional [30-180 (+25% AP)] magic damage and reduces this ability’s cooldown by 25%.
- Non-champion targets take [40-60%] damage and refund 10% of this ability’s sooldown.
- Enemies Feared by this ability move more slowly the farther they are from Vex.
Mistral Bolt (Q):
- Cooldown – 9/8/7/6/5 seconds
- Mana – 45/50/55/30/65
- Vex launches a wave of mist that deals [60/110/160/210/260 (+60% AP)] magic damage. After a delay, the wave becomes smaller and faster.
- Consumes Gloom on enemies hit.
Personal Space (W):
- Cooldown – 20/18/16/14/12 seconds
- Mana – 75
- Vex gains [50/80/110/140/170 (+80% AP)] Shield for 2.5 seconds and emits a shockwave that deals [80/120/160/200/240 (+30% AP)] magic damage.
- Consumes Gloom on enemies hit.
Looming Darkness (E):
- Cooldown – 13 seconds Mana – 70
- Vex commands Shadow to fly to a location, increasing in size as it travels. Upon arriving, it deals [50/70/90/110/130 (+40/45/50/55/60% AP)] magic damage and Slows by 30/35/40/45/50% for 2 seconds.
Applies Gloom to enemies hit.
Shadow Surge (R):
- Cooldown – 140/120/100 seconds
- Mana – 100
- Shadow excitedly surges forward, dealing [75/125/175 (+20% AP)] magic damage and marking the first enemy champion hit for 4 seconds.
- Recast: Dash to the marked champion, dealing [150/250/350 (+50% AP)] magic damage on arrival.
- If the marked champion dies within 6 seconds of taking damage from this Ability, it’s Cooldown is temporarily reset.
VEX VOICEOVER AND GAMEPLAY PREVIEW
Here’s a look at Vex’s gameplay in action (in her Dawnbringer release skin) from SkinSpotlights:
Here’s Vex’s English-language VO:
VEX RELEASE SKIN
Vex’s release skin is DAWNBRINGER VEX
“Vex finds order in the day’s descent to darkness, and spends her evenings watching her shadow chase the sun below the horizon. A preternaturally sour and unenthusiastic god, she finds the whole chaos and order ‘thing’ very blasé.”
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 11.19 BALANCE CHANGES
Aatrox – buffed
- Infernal Chains (W):
- Ability cooldown decreased to 20/18.5/17/15.5/14 seconds from 26/23/20/17/14 seconds
Akali – buffed
- HP6 increased to 9 from 5
- HP regeneration per each level increased to 0.18 from 0.1
Cho’Gath – buffed
- Rupture (Q):
- Ability cooldown decreased to 6 second from 7 seconds
Fizz – changed
- Nimble Fighter (Passive):
- This ability no longer comes with higher damage reduction against basic attacks
- Seastone Trident (W):
- Bonus on-hit damage decreased to 10/15/20/25/30 from 20/25/30/35/40
- Playful / Trickster (E):
- Cooldown decreased to 16/14/12/10/8 seconds from 16/14.5/13/11.5/10 seconds
- Chum the Waters (R):
- Small Shark damage dealt increased to 150/250/350 (+80% AP) from 150/225/300 (+70% AP)
- Medium Shark damage dealt increased to 225/325/425 (+100% AP) from 200/275/350 (+85% AP)
- Large Shark damage dealt increased to 300/400/500 (+120%) from 250/325/400 (+100% AP)
Galio – buffed
- Shield of Durand (W):
- Ability cooldown decreased to 18/17.5/17/16.5/16 seconds from a flat 18 seconds
Gwen – buffed
- HP5 increased to 8.5 from 7
Kennen – nerfed
- Thundering Shuriken (Q):
- Damage dealt decreased to [75/120/165/210/255 (+75% AP)] from [85/130/175/220/265 (+80% AP)]
Mordekaiser – buffed
- Death’s Grasp (E):
- Ability cooldown decreased to 18/16/14/12/10 seconds from 22/19/16/13/10 seconds
Sylas – buffed
- Base mana increased to 310 from 280 MP5 increased to 8 from 7
Poppy – buffed
- Iron Ambassador (Passive):
- Ability cooldown decreased to [13-7] seconds from [16-8] seconds
Seraphine – buffed
- Encore (R):
- Ability cooldown decreased to 160/130/100 seconds from 180/150/120 seconds
Sion – buffed
- Soul Furnace (W):
- Shield effect increased to 60/85/110/135/160 from 50/75/100/125/150
Renekton – buffed
- Base HP increased to 590 from 575
- HP Per Level increased to 92 from 87
Ryze – nerfed
- Overload (Q):
- Ability Power decreased to 40% from 45%
- Spell Flux (E):
- Ability cooldown increased to 3.5/3.25/3/2.75/2.5 seconds from 3.25/3/2.75/2.5/2.25 seconds
Sejuani – buffed
- Arctic Assault (Q):
- Damage dealt increased to 90/140/190/240/290 from 80/130/180/230/280
- Ability cooldown decreased to 18/16.5/15/13.5/12 seconds from 20/18/16/14/12 seconds
Sona – nerfed
- Base armour decreased to 26 from 28
- Hymn of Valor (Q):
- This ability “no longer targets enemies Sona cannot see”
Soraka – nerfed
- Wish (R):
- Healing effect decreased to 130/215/300 from 150/250/350
Varus – nerfed
- Piercing Arrow (Q):
- Ability cooldown decreased to 16/15/14/13/12 seconds from 16/14.5/13/11.5/10 seconds
Here’s a rundown of the full changes coming from Riot on Twitter:
11.19 Full Patch Preview is here!
This is the second of two Worlds-focused patches. Given that we won't have any more opportunities to change the game, we aimed quite conservatively here. No huge swings anywhere.
Also, regarding Fizz…
— Jeevun Sidhu (@JeevunSidhu) September 14, 2021
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 11.19 – NEW CHAMPION SKINS
WORLDS 2021 JARVAN IV
“Celebrating Worlds 2021 in Shenzhen”
Here’s the WORLDS 2021 JARVAN IV splash art:
“Determined to see order triumph over chaos, Morgana has sacrificed much to tip the scales in favour of light. If dawn emerges victorious, she is certain that they can avoid the gods’ destruction and usher in a new age, one free from the corruption of chaos… Perhaps then Yone will see balance for the delusion that it is.”
Here’s the DAWNBRINGER MORGANA splash art:
1820 RP – LEGENDARY SKIN
“Prophecy dictates that the gods will destroy each other, ushering in the end of creation itself – but Yone is determined to defy fate. A half-mortal, half-god born of the clash between chaos and order, Yone wields the power of both night and dawn. He must rally his brethren, bring peace to the gods… or they will all perish”
Here’s the DAWNBRINGER YONE VO, seeing as he’s a Legendary skin:
Here’s the DAWNBRINGER YONE splash art:
“Steward of nightmares, demon of dreams, Lillia revels in twisted fantasias that mortify mortal minds. Though she dallies in the war between order and chaos, she rarely joins the fray herself; she has a garden to tend to, after all, sowing seeds of terror and watching them bloom”
Here’s the NIGHTBRINGER LILLIA splash art:
“A fiendish god of rage and battle, Tryndamere embodies the moment when war descends into bloodied frenzy. Peace is anathema, but perhaps Yone’s crusade presents an opportunity… After all, to Tryndamere, chaos is best when it is born of order’s decay”
Here’s the NIGHTBRINGER TRYNDAMERE splash art:
“Rhaast was once an archon of light, a beacon of order… and now he is little more than a weapon in the hands of Kayn, an ambitious demi-god of dusk seeking true godhood. The two war within Kayn’s own body, each determined to overthrow the other and lay claim to true divinity.”
Here’s the NIGHTBRINGER KAYN splash art:
NIGHTBRINGER KAYN – PRESTIGE EDITION
2,000 EVENT TOKENS
Here’s the NIGHTBRINGER KAYN – PRESTIGE EDITION splash art:
That’s it in the way of League of Legends patch 11.19 notes for now, but keep checking back on this page over the update’s two-week-long testing cycle as we’ll see plenty more content come to the PBE soon, with champion balance changes and potentially some other tweaks and news on the way.