08/02/2023 – Riot has confirmed that LoL patch 13.3 will launch on February 9.
In the wake of the Riot Games hack, the MOBA‘s developer has revealed League of Legends patch 13.3 – but unfortunately, it isn’t going to launch on time. As the devs continue to examine the damage, we’ll need to wait a little longer for the Ahri and Aurelion Sol reworks.
Riot has confirmed that League of Legends patch 13.3 will launch a day later than usual, so will go live at some time in the morning of February 9.
Aurelion Sol rework
Riot’s Aurelion Sol rework is set to turn the tables on some of mid’s most popular champions, bringing the dusty old space puppy back to the front of the fray. Accompanied by a fun little Lee Sin easter egg, his new kit is pretty complex, but looks like an absolute blast to play.
Passive – Cosmic Creator
- Aurelion Sol’s damaging Abilities break down enemies into Stardust, which improves his Abilities.
- Q – Breath of Light: Q bursts deal an additional (0.031% Stardust Stacks)% maximum Health magic damage
- W – Astral Flight: Increased distance traveled based on Stardust
- E – Singularity: Increased area and execute threshold
- R – Falling Star/The Skies Descend: Increased area
Q – Breath of Light
- Mana Cost: 45/50/55/60/65 Mana per second
- Cooldown: 3 seconds
- Full ability description: Aurelion Sol breathes starfire for up to
(3.5/3.5/3.5/3.5/9999) seconds, dealing (15/25/35/45/55 + 30-90 (scaling with level) + 60% AP) magic damage per second to the first enemy hit and 50% of the damage to surrounding enemies. Each full second of breath on the same enemy deals a burst of (40/50/60/70/80 + 20-40 (scaling with level) + 50% AP) magic damage plus (0.031% Stardust Stack)% max Health Magic Damage and absorbs 1 Stardust if they are a champion. This Ability’s range is 750 – 920 (scaling with level). Percent damage deals a max of 300 magic damage against jungle monsters.
W – Astral Flight
- Mana Cost: 80/85/90/95/100 Mana
- Cooldown: 22/20.5/19/17.5/16 seconds
- Full ability description: : Aurelion Sol flies in a direction. While flying,
Breath of Light has no Cooldown, no maximum channel duration, and its flat damage is increased by 14%/15.5%/17%/18.5%/20%. Takedowns on champions within 3 seconds of damaging them refunds 90% of this Ability’s Cooldown. Casting Breath of Light while flying reduces flight speed by 50%. Flight speed is 335 + 100% Movement Speed.
E – Singularity
- Mana Cost: 60/70/80/90/100 mana
- Cooldown: 12/11.5/11/10.5/10 seconds
- Full ability description: Aurelion Sol summons a black hole, dealing (10/15/20/25/30 + 40% AP) magic damage and dragging enemies towards the centre for 5 seconds. Enemies in the centre below (5 + 2.6% Stardust Stack)% maximum Health die instantly. The black hole absorbs Stardust when enemies die within it and each second an enemy champion is inside it. This Ability’s range is 750 – 920 (scaling with level). Minions and jungle monsters inside will have 0 Movement Speed. (This ability absorbs 1 Stardust per second from Champions. Stardust absorbed from units that die in the black hole: Epic Monsters: 10 Stardust, Champions and Large monsters: 5 Stardust, Siege minions: 3 Stardust Minions and small monsters: 1 Stardust).
R – Falling Star/The Skies Descend
- Mana Cost: 100 mana
- Cooldown: 120/110/100 seconds
- Falling Star: Aurelion Sol plucks a star from the heavens and
crashes it into the earth, dealing (150/250/350 + 65% AP) magic damage, stunning enemies for 1.25 seconds, and absorbing 5 Stardust for each champion hit.
- The Skies Descend: Gathering 75 Stardust transforms the next
Falling Star into The Skies Descend. Aurelion Sol drags a constellation’s worth of fury down from the cosmos, dealing (187.5/312.5/437.5 + 81.25% AP) magic damage in a larger area, Knocking Up enemies hit for 1.25 seconds, and unleashing a massive shockwave that deals (150/250/350 + 60% AP) magic damage to champions and Epic monsters and slows all enemies hit by 75% for 1 second.
League of Legends support buffs, item changes
As mentioned by former caster turned League of Legends game designer David ‘Phreak’ Turley, all-in supports are finally getting some much-needed love. The buff list includes Alistar, Braum, Nautilus, Pyke, Rakan, and Thresh, with a whole slew of changes to each.
As Phreak also promised, Radiant Virtue is also getting a rework to make it more of a tank item than a supportive one. Umbral Glaive (my favourite item as a Senna and Pyke player) is unfortunately taking an arrow to the knee as a result of the ranged support meta (thanks Ashe), with ranged champions doing less damage to enemy wards and its cooldown increasing from 40 to 50 seconds.
Champion buffs and nerfs
Given that this article is getting rather long, I’ll quickly summarise the champions that are seeing some buffs and nerfs this patch.
- Buffs: Jarvan IV, Kayle, Kayn, LeBlanc, Trundle
- Nerfs: Annie, Amumu, Kassadin, K’Sante, Zac.
New League of Legends skins – patch 13.3
Last but not least, three new Valentine’s-themed skins will be added on February 9 – Heartache Amumu and Vi, and Heartthrob Caitlyn (again note that the update itself will take longer to roll out). Given that Amumu is my favourite champion of all time and this skin is just so damn cute, this is an instant buy for me.
It goes without saying this patch includrs some pretty hefty changes, so hopefully I’ll see my beloved Pyke, Rakan, and Nautilus finally rise up the League of Legends tier list once again. As I wait to see what happens, though, I’ll be rocking Amumu support with that new skin whilst simultaneously wondering how much I’ve spent on League of Legends – spoiler alert: too much.