Just before everyone buggered off for their holidays, Mojang gave out the gift of Minecraft 1.8.2 pre-release. This Christmas Gift version has been updated a few times since then, with the latest update arriving today.
You might want to wait until tomorrow to check out the update though, as the patch broke some rendering code, but will be fixed with another one tomorrow. Take a gander below at the change notes for 1.8.2-pre5.
- Items placed into a Minecraft beacon are lost upon destroying it or reloading a world
- Beacons work inconsistently in the Nether
- Keyboard input causes mouse look to stutter or jerk (Fixed in LWJGL 2.9.3)
- Tellraw crashes if clickEvent is an URL without “http://”
- Mooshroom udder texture does not display correctly
- Mooshrooms incorrectly display custom mushroom models
- Beacons in Nether need clear path to “sky”
- Beacon stops working at a certain height
- Single Player: Can’t select any of the previous created worlds in Java 8 (Fixed by installing Java 7) (Windows 8)
- Able to hit a block behind out of range entity.
- villages.dat stores player names instead of UUIDs
- Pre-existing vines on east and west sides of blocks are rendered at the wrong face of the block (floating)
- Glass Pane image flipped
- Huge Mushrooms Generate Incorrectly
- Hopper: java.lang.NullPointerException: Updating screen events
- Various particles near world border rendered incorrectly
- Hoppers grab items from minecarts, that aren’t standing directly above them
- Changing owner of Enderpearl doesn’t work.