Minecraft Snapshot 13w10a, the fourth in just two weeks, is now live. Like the previous snapshot, this is about bug fixing rather than about introducing new content, but with its issue the pre-release of Minecraft 1.5 inches ever closer. As Mojang said last week, they don’t want to put the pre-release in our hands until they’ve crushed every last crash bug and it looks like this is keeping them very busy.
So, really, it’s in your interest to grab this latest snapshot and play the hell out of it, just to make sure it’s as bug free as possible, thereby helping Mojang move ever closer to giving us all the redstone toys we could ever want.
You can download the snapshot from Mojang’s blog here and it’s once again time for me to remind you that, if you’ve never used a development snapshot before, we have a guide on how to test Minecraft snapshots written just for you. Yes, you.
Meanwhile, to tide you over, here’s everything we know about Minecraft 1.5, the Redstone Update.
The bugs addressed by this latest snapshot are:
- Oh God why isn’t 1.5 just out yet argh.
- Unicode font text shadow misaligned.
- Activated detector-rails moved by a piston keep their activated state.
- In single-player mode and creative mode, pressing E to select a block, selecting block from grid, then pressing E to return to game caused a crash.
- Furnace Tile Entities reproducing (internal performance bug).
- Furnace interface occasionally closes when adding fuel, deleting all items in the furnace.
- Redstone blocks and torches don’t power dispensers, droppers, TNT and Noteblocks.
- Adding an item to a hopper with a dropper does not change comparator state.
- Piston retracting disappears if pushed out by another piston.
- Issues with baby cows’ hitboxes (WHO HAS BEEN HITTING BABY COWS?).
- Last direct multiplayer connection does not get saved.
- “Hard crash.”
- Hopper cooldown is messed up.
- Slowness 127 and speed 110 together flip view.
- Using /clear on more than 1 player will stop clearing inventories once an empty inventory is encountered.
- /me cannot use @p correctly.
- Updated redstone bug with detector rail.
- “/scoreboard teams empty teamName” error message says “%s” instead of the team’s name.
Move along now, there’s nothing more to see here.