Mojang have just released Minecraft Snapshot 13w10b, which they say is the final step before they issue a pre-release for The Redstone Update, aka Minecraft 1.5, tomorrow. As with the last three snapshots, it adds very little functionality that the player would notice, but it does exile a whole bunch of bugs, something Mojang are determined to do before they issue the next version of their game.
Right now, it would probably help Mojang quite a bit if you did happen to grab the snapshot, played around with it a bit and then repoted any bigs you spotted, so that the team could come down on them like a tonne of recently smelted, still warm clay bricks. Or you could just play Minecraft anyway because, y’know. Minecraft.
Here’s the list of the bugs that have been consigned to history, with one secret, made-up bug that I’ve inserted just to make sure you’re paying attention:
- Notable change: Dispensers and droppers will now only fire once when they receive a redstone signal. To fire again, the signal must be turned off and on again. (Previously a dispenser would fire whenever it had a signal and a nearby block changed.)
- Redstone and components remain powered after unloading chunks.
- Dispensers and droppers shoot out when updated.
- Server crashes if spaces are input on the console.
- Night Vision Potions that are edited to last longer create a potentially seizure-inducing flashing sky background.
- The furnace interface occasionally closes when adding fuel, deleting all items in the furnace (originally thought to have been fixed in a previous snapshot).
- Named mobs don’t have named babies.
- Getting into a minecart with a mob in it crashes Minecraft.
- Two Hoppers funneling unstackable items into a third Hopper at the same time because the third Hopper to not funnel items into a container.
- Dispensers continually shoot/use certain items like water buckets and flint&steel.
- Comparators still give off power when hopper inventory is empty.
- Animals can breed over distances up to almost 8 blocks when only separated by fences (I couldn’t make this up if I tried).
- Message “THIS TOO” in console (?).
- Full hoppers feeding into full hoppers causes the forward hopper to stall.
- Adding items to brewing stand using dropper does not change state of comparator.
- Pressing “b” releases beetles from your disk drive.
Okay, so I made it a bit too obvious.