If you’ve been playing the closed beta of Orcs Must Die! Unchained, then you’ll want to make sure you log in today to check out some brand new additions to PvE. A new capture point system will allow players to seize points and use them to send minions into battle.
The PvE update also adds new enemies in stronger orc hordes, bears, and ogres, dwarf grenadiers, forest giants, and cyclops mages.
A new mechanic has been added to PvE: the Unchained Meter, which fills up as enemies are defeated through combos. When the meter fills, the whole group will gain mana and health boosts, as well as reduced cooldowns on skills. However, this comes at a price, as the next wave of enemies will be of a higher difficulty.
The other key features of the new update are:
- New map ‘Unchained Fortress’ is now the default map in matchmaking
- Hero battle levels now increased to ten
- All war camps now have a standard wave should players not place any cards
- New three-level confirmation system for hero choice (select hero, confirm deck and set talents)
- Fire damage over time now stacks providing it comes from different sources (magic or different trap types)
- New bot: Hogarth
- New skins for Smolder and Hogarth
- Lots of small changes to heroes, minions, map dynamics as well as the user interface, performance and visual effects
The update goes into effect today, July 1st. If you want to get in on the closed beta for Orcs Must Die! Unchained, head over to the game’s official website.