Frontier’s recently-released theme park sim, Planet Coaster, has already got some new content in its first patch, adding a bunch of new blueprints and a tougher difficulty, along with an array of bug fixes.
If you’re on the fence, watch out for passing rollercoasters. Oh, and check out our Planet Coaster review.
The blueprints in the update contain new shops, facilities and scenery for all five different park themes, as well as new rollercoasters. There are also a whole bunch of opimisations and fixes, so you should have a smoother ride.
There’s another update due in December that “includes more free content”, so consider this lot an appetiser.
- New blueprints
- New shops/facilities blueprints for all 5 themes
- New scenery blueprints for all 5 themes
- New coaster blueprints
- Added a “harder” challenge mode
- Crash fixes/stability improvements
- Bug fixes
- Loading an old park will not reset your custom music
- Fix black artefacts on HD4000 machines
- Fix mouse issues on Windows 10 Insider
- Fix heatmaps when a train falls off the track
- Fix Priority Pass attendant animation issue
- Reduced CPU/GPU usage when the game is minimised
- Excitement, fear and nausea values now appear on coaster blueprints tooltip
- Tacos icons now appear in Guest Inventories correctly
- Fixed lights on dark ride in “The Creature Awakens”
- Allow guests to stand at different heights on raised queues/paths
- Guests re-equip balloons when leaving rides
- Fix issue where control rebindings were not being reapplied if you cancelled out of a change
- Fix harness animation on Canyon Runner
- Star Studded Career achievement fix
- Guests now enter toilets/first aid centrally rather than clipping into the building
- Guests with nothing to do leave the park rather than idling on the spot
- Improved performance when editing terrain around water bodies
- QoL improvements
- Coaster auto-avoid now ignores terrain when auto-tunnelling is selected
- Clicking a notification will now rotate the camera to focus on the affected facility/exit/entrance
- Height markers now appear when building downhill more often
- Community translations now support overriding the games font, allowing support for East Asian languages where characters were previously not included.
- Escape now exits the main menu