Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds, that super popular battle royale game that’s already sold a million copies, is still being worked on furiously by its developers. As promised recently, the rate of patches and updates are coming thick and fast, with little tweaks daily and big plans always just over the horizon. Developers Bluehole have detailed some more of the latter.
This online shooter kinda came out of nowhere, huh? Make sure that doesn’t happen again with our list of upcoming PC games.
Bluehole released a patch today which, among other things, stops players manipulating ini files to hide all the foliage. Oh, and they’ve also stopped people being able to change their FOV, which is about as popular as you’d expect. The option to change it will arrive in a future update, however.
In the same post, though, the developers vowed to tackle cheats, as well as a lag issue some players are experiencing.
Now all the core systems are implemented, Bluehole want to focus on improving what’s there, and making life harder for cheaters is a high priority on that list.
“This is not a simple task, as tackling cheaters is a constant battle, but we are confident that over the coming weeks and months we can implement new measures to make it harder to cheat in the game,” say Bluehole.
“This week alone we closed two major holes that allowed current cheats access to the game, and as we move further through Early Access we will continue to track down and further secure the game from those that don’t want to play fair.”
As for the lag, they’ve identified the cause and are working at getting it fixed. “This issue is not an easy fix, as it involves changes to the core engine code, and will take us some time to complete,” they say. “We have no ETA on when this will be resolved just yet, so we ask for your patience while we fix the problem.”
Here are the notes for the patch that released today:
- Fixed configuration files (ini) so that it cannot be used to hide trees, grass, etc.
- Prevented adjusting the FOV by changing the game settings file (ini).
- FOV will be adjustable from the settings menu in-game in a future update.
- Fixed an issue with door sounds playing at low volume
- Adjusted volume of wind, rain, and footsteps
- Improved the sounds for the buggy
- When in rainy weather, you will now sporadically hear thunder sounds
- Added more support for non-standard aspect ratios. The game will now display at the correct FOV on aspect ratios ranging from 4:3 to 21:9. Multi-monitor environments such as Eyefinity are not recommended at this time.
- Fixed an issue with the compass direction not displaying correctly