What’s in PUBG update 18? Here we have the latest PUBG patch notes to keep you up to date on Brendan Greene’s brand of battle royale.
Since the game’s 1.0 launch back in December last year, there has been a PUBG update for everything: we have had PUBG patch notes adding new features from new maps and weapons to bug fixes and tweaks. Regular PUBG updates are essential with Epic’s battle royale behemoth Fortnite sniffing around.
Each PUBG update has kept Brendan Greene’s 100-player scrap fresh, but with these changes coming thick and fast, it can be tough to get your head around them all. To help you stay in the know, below you can find everything you need to know about all the new content added to PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds.
While PUBG is updating, check out the other battle royale games you need to play.
The latest set of changes come in the shape of PUBG update 18, and we’ve got a new PUBG weapon and a new vehicle. Both the QBU assault rifle and Rony vehicle are both exclusive to the PUBG new map, Sanhok, and they look a treat to use. As well as some assorted bug fixes, here are the full PUBG update 18 patch notes.
PUBG update 18 release date
We don’t know the PUBG update 18 release date, yet, but you can try out the changes on the test server. Once testing is over, all the additions listed below will go live on the main game.
PUBG update 18 – QBU assault rifle
- The QBU is a new, Sanhok-exclusive DMR with a standard magazine of 10 rounds of 5.56mm ammo, which can be increased to 20 with an extended magazine.
- There is bipod attached to QBU—it will greatly reduce recoil when you shoot while prone.
- The QBU replaces the Mini 14 on Sanhok.
PUBG update 18 – Rony vehicle
- The Rony is a new pickup truck that can only be found on Sanhok (from the automaker that brought you the Mirado).
- This truck holds up to four passengers and excels at moving across Sanhok’s hilly landscapes.
- The Rony is one of the larger vehicles on Sanhok, so it can be used for cover as well as transportation.
PUBG update 18 – custom matches
- Custom match UI has been updated and custom match creation is available for all players in open beta on the test server. This test is planned to come to live servers once the system is proven to be stable.
- Custom match list can now be viewed after selecting custom match game mode.
- Normal mode: Classic Battle Royale rules—be the last person (or team) standing
- Zombie mode: Play as either humans or zombies. Only one faction can win.
- War mode: Team deathmatch with respawns. The team with the most points (kills and knocks) wins.
- eSports mode: PGI 2018 eSports rule will be applied
- After selecting your preferred game mode, custom matches can now be created using presets.
- Each game mode currently has one default preset available.
- After creating the match, the settings can be adjusted using the options in the BASIC, RULES, and SPAWNS menus.
- BASIC: Set session name, game mode, password, server region, map, weather, etc.
- RULES: Set number of players, team size, gameplay, Blue Zone settings.
- SPAWN: Set the types of weapons available and spawn rates.
- Custom game spectating feature has been disabled temporarily.
- This feature will be reopened after maintenance work.
PUBG update 18 – bug fixes
- Fixed an issue where, when dragging items from a loot crate or the field, players couldn’t acquire items because the item amounts were automatically divided.
- Fixed an issue where, when the backpack was full, players couldn’t throw away extended mags.
- Fixed an issue where the camera would rotate 180 degrees upon death, making it difficult to understand which direction you were killed from.
- Fixed an issue allowing players to see through some buildings on Sanhok.
- The crossbow zeroing will always remain at 25m even with a scope attached.