Our Rob, who does love his racing games, called Early Access racer Project CARS “gorgeous and exciting” and a “consistent delight” in his list of the 10 best racing games on PC. And it’s always been easy on the eyes, but a comparison video from ADRIANF1esp shows how far it’s come since the early days in 2012.
The comparison video uses the same car and track, but two years of development have made a heck of a difference. The additional models like trees gives life to the area around the track, the lighting is more vibrant and shadows have more depth, and there’s been some obvious improvements to the textures.
Lovely stuff. It’s running on the ultra settings, with this setup:
- CPU : Intel® Core™ i7-4790K @ 4.4GHz
- Graphic Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC ACX 3GB GDDR5
- RAM : 16GB G.Skill Trident X DDR3 2400
- Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger
- Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H75
- Hard Drives: Samsung 840 Evo SSD 250GB + HDD 2TB
- PSU: Corsair RM750 750W 80 PLUS® Gold
- Case: Corsair Carbide 300R Compact Gaming
So it’s very much at it’s best. And its best looks pretty damn good.
Project CARS will pull in on November this year.