Rise of the Tomb Raider’s seventh patch adds a bunch of improvements for people with different PC setups, including anyone running multiple GPUs and those with the latest cards.
Read more: have you tried everything in our list of the best PC games?
Thepatch adds improvements for DX12 multi-GPU support, including NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX.
This update will be applied by Steam automatically if you own it on there, but you’ll have to wait a little longer for the Windows Store patch to go live.
Here are the full patch notes:
- Adds DirectX12 Multi-GPU support. Many of you have requested this, so DirectX 12 now supports NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX configurations.
- The benefits of DirectX 12 are still the same, but now you are less likely to be GPU bottlenecked and can reach higher frame rates due to the improved CPU utilisation DirectX 12 offers.
- Adds utilisation of DirectX 12 Asynchronous Compute, on AMD GCN 1.1 GPUs and NVIDIA Pascal-based GPUs, for improved GPU performance.
- On the latest Windows 10 version, V-sync can now be disabled (Windows Store version), and behaviour of disabled V-sync has been improved (Steam version).
- Improvements to stereoscopic 3D rendering, including fixes for NIVIDA Surround and AMD Eyefinity in combination with stereoscopic 3D.
- Improved default settings for certain integrated GPUs.
- Removes the Voidhammer Shotgun for users that do not have Cold Darkness Awakens DLC or have not yet unlocked it by rescuing prisoners in Cold Darkness Awakens.
- A fix for a save issue where some game state could get lost in very rare circumstances.
- This patch force-disables the Steam Overlay when using DirectX 12. This is due to stability issues with the Steam Overlay in combination with DirectX 12. (You can re-enable with the -enablesteamoverlay launch argument)
- A fix for crashes with VXAO enabled on NVIDIA GTX1080 cards.
- A variety of other smaller optimizations, bug-fixes, and tweaks.
If you have any issues with the patch, you can revert to the previous build in the beta branch. Check the official post for details.
- Read More
- Rise of the Tomb Raider PC review