Skyshine’s Bedlam, the apocalyptic tactics game, just received a rather chunky update today in the form of Skyshine’s Bedlam Redux, an overhaul that promises a slew of improvements and new features.
Got a hankering for strategy? Check out our list of the best strategy games on PC.
Skyshine’s Bedlam launched last year to mixed reviews, and Redux is – according to the developers – the product of months of community feedback. Included in this new version are brand spanking new campaign and arcade modes.
Here’s the rest of what the update brings to the table:
New battle mechanics
- Squad based tactics with 2AP (Action Points) per unit with each team being able to use any or all of their units per turn!!!! It is what everyone has been asking for!
- Movement will cost 1AP
- Attacking without moving will cost 2AP and inflict 100% damage
- Moving and then attacking will cost 1AP and inflict 60% damage
- Weapon powercell cost slightly reduced to encourage more usage
- Added 'End Turn' option
- In Arcade play, Blitz has been reworked to be more fun
- Option added in Settings to turn on original 2AP per team rules
- Improved A.I.
- Play as EACH FACTION! If you ever wondered what it would be like to fight as a crew of Mutants or Cyborgs or even mixed... now you can!
- Each Dozer now has a "leader" Elite!
- You can now choose your crew complement (want to start with an Elite and fewer rookies?)
- Reworked Campaign mode NO more is the goal to just get to Aztec City...collect the four lost relics to help ensure victory over the self-proclaimed overlord of Bedlam! And can you liberate Bedlam of all the ruthless factions and restore order in the wasteland?
- Reworked Arcade mode! Can you make it to Aztec City on a set course, with no side missions, lots of obstacles and no Dozer management? If you do, one of the four new Dozers awaits!
- Improved Events. Lots of event options now affect the state and level of danger in Bedlam!
- Added some variety to existing events and reduced the overall number of clicks through events.
- Revamped threat level system: Not only do events affect the threat level but so does battle outcomes! Your choices now matter more.
- Marauder Rush ability added to Enemy and Crew Marauders
- Gunslinger Return Fire ability much improved
- New character sprites for all faction crewmembers!
- 72 new rookie and veteran crewmembers!!!
- 5 new Dozers, one for each faction!
- 5 new Elites, including The Mechanic!
- BEDLAMIZED NAMES!! When one of the new faction crewmembers are added to your Dozer at launch, they pull their nicknames randomly from a huge list of names based on many of our backer's real names and suggestions!
- Many new events added and a random outcome system implemented
- Battlefields have been revisited to resize, re-layout and reposition for maximum awesomeness
- Reduced memory footprint of all animations
- Bug fixes galore
- Dozer travel and transport animations reduced for better performance
- Sometimes during Dozer travel the game no longer freezes (bug fix)
- Battle resource pickups (in Arcade mode) have been repositioned so they are more attainable
- New tutorials are being worked on!
To celebrate the overhaul (and tempt you to part with some cash), the game will be on sale on Steam from later today until March 20th. You’ll be able to pick it up for a 50% discount.