Here's an interesting gaming mouse from SteelSeries. Retailing for $39.99/£29.99, the Rival 100 falls very much in the budget bracket, but its manufacturers claim not to have made any compromises in its design or construction. More than that - they claim it actually outperforms many competitive mice.
In the market for a new peripheral? Check out our best gaming mice.
Specifically, SteelSeries claim the Rival 100 optical gaming mouse offers 40 per cent higher tracking accuracy than the best competitive mice on the market, and and movement-tracking speeds up to 33 per cent faster. These are bold claims for a mouse with such an unassuming price tag.
It's designed with a simple six-button layout, and is totally ambidextrous. There's also customisable RGB lighting, for those who insist on lighting up their gaming areas like department store Christmas display. Both the logo and the mousewheel backlighting can be customised as such.
Here's the spec list:
- PixArt 3059-SS optical gaming sensor with 8 CPI steps up to 4000, 143 IPS, and 20g acceleration.
- Can provide 1:1 optical tracking experience, offers optimal low lift off distance.
- On-board zero hardware acceleration
- Six buttons rated for 30 million clicks
- Prism RGB illumination
- Ambidextrous design with soft-touch surfaces and sculpted, textured side grips
- GameSense customisation of lighting, button mapping, sensor CPI, plus storage and retrieval of these settings
The Rival 100 is available now, as it happens, and you can buy one directly from SteelSeries via their site.