Star Wars: The Old Republic’s housing expansion has been delayed. As anyone who has ever watched Grand Designs can tell you, it always takes longer than you think it will to build a house. And BioWare is building a few.
“We have been listening to what you, our players, were hoping to see from the Galactic Strongholds expansion,” said senior producer Bruce Maclean. “When playing early builds of Galactic Strongholds it became that clear that our June Early Access date was simply not enough. For this to truly feel like an expansion, it needs to include the full set of features, including those originally coming later in the year.“
This delay means that subscriber deadlines have also been pushed back, but won’t have an impact on the deadline for the May 4th Cartel Coin bonus.
The new deadline to claim subscriber rewards for early access is July 15th. Being a subscriber by then will net you a Nar Shaddaa sky palace with three extra rooms, a title and a stronghold name. The original date for this was May 11th, and as a thank you to anyone subscribed by that date, BioWare is giving away an upgraded version of the sky palace, a pet and an extra title.
On August 19th, subscriber early access will start with game update 2.9. The extra time means that additional features will be included from that start, such as:
- Conquest Events: use the power of your Stronghold to dominate these events and earn rewards
- Guild Flagships will now offer expanded functionality for Guilds:
- Provide powerful buffs to Guild members from orbit
- Transport entire groups to your personal coordinates instantaneously
- Compete in Conquest Events to conquer entire planets
- New Stronghold: Tatooine Homestead
- Vehicles, Mounts, Pets, and Companion Characters can be placed as decorations in Strongholds
This is on top of the other features originally planned.
Perfered Early Access (for lapsed subscribers and those who have spent money in the game) will kick off in September, with the official launch planned for October.