Would you hate me if I shoehorned a joke in here about when the Thieves Guild expansion will sneak into the Elder Scrolls Online? I think I might hate myself a little if I did. I won’t. Anyway, the guild of thieves is…heading to the Elder Scrolls Online on March 24 with a host of features stuffed into its swag bag.
If, like the Guild, you’re against paying for things then you should definitely check out our list of best free PC games.
Was that joke any better? I’m not convinced it was. As we discovered with a first look last week, the Thieves Guild expansion will drop you in Hew’s Bane, an all new zone located in the southern peninsula of Hammerfell, where you’ll sign up with the guild.
Here’s Rich Lambert, the creative director at Zenimax Studios, explaining what that’ll entail:
And here’s the highlights of that for those of you who, gasp, prefer the written word. The Elder Scrolls Online’s upcoming Thieves Guild DLC will include:
- Brand New Story Content:Help restore the Thieves Guild in Abah’s Landing, currently besieged by the mercenary force known as the Iron Wheel. After a high-stakes heist gone horribly wrong, the Iron Wheel will stop at nothing to destroy the Guild. Hours of story content await as you solve the mystery of the Iron Wheel and restore glory to the Thieves Guild.
- New Criminal Activities:Leveraging ESO’s Outlaw Refuges, Thieves Guild quests take you all over Tamriel to engage in – and profit from – criminal activity such as stealing, looting, and pickpocketing. Heists, a new quest type, allow you to hone your thieving skills by adding trespassing and stealth/hiding mechanics that enable you to break into warehouses and homes in Abah’s Landing to relieve merchants and citizenry of their goods. Beware of the guards!
- New 12-Player Trial:With both Normal and Veteran difficulty modes, the Maw of Lorkhaj 12-Player Trial will test your allies and your courage. Breach the gates of an ancient Khajiiti shrine, and confront the ghostly legions of Namiira in eerie lamp-lit corridors – complete with ruthless new enemies, terrifying bosses, and a wealth of treasure from the depths of Oblivion.
- All-New Skill Line:Want to enhance your character with all-new thieving, sneaking, and stealing-related passive skills? You’re in luck! The Thieves Guild in Abah’s Landing will teach you these skills as your progress through the ranks of the organization.
- Thieves Guild-Exclusive Rewards and Items:Earn new items through in-game quests and browse Thieves Guild-themed items coming to the Crown Store soon.
If you’re an active Elder Scrolls Online Plus member, the Thieves Guild DLC will be included in your membership fee. If you’re without, the expansion can be purchased for 2,000 crowns at the Elder Scrolls Online Crown Store.
The Thieves Guild DLC will sneak its way into the Elder Scrolls Online on March 24. Bah, I couldn’t resist.