Looking for a list of Sims 4 cheats? Whether you’re after that all-important Sims 4 money cheat, need something more specific like a character instantly zapped to a new location, or even some fresh items unlocked in your catalog, there are heaps of handy Sims 4 cheats to make the lives of your virtual family much, much easier.
Cheats are by no means new to The Sims series, but if you’ve never played a game in this beloved series or don’t fancy memorising the cheat code then allow us to step in with the list of Sims 4 cheats below. We’ll walk you through how to enter Sims 4 cheats, give you a list of the very best Sims cheats to use, and explain exactly what each one offers you.
So, if you need a few thousand more simoleons to finish of your dream house, or you simply want to stop certain Sims from dying then this list of Sims 4 cheats should ensure your family are healthy and prosperous no matter how carelessly you act.
How to use cheats in Sims 4
First, open up the Sims 4 cheat console with Ctrl + Shift + C. Then take a look through the list of cheats for Sims 4 below and input the command in the dialog box. Press Enter and the cheat will be activated.
Here is a list of Sims 4 cheats to get money:
Sims 4 money cheats
Simply put, if you want more money in The Sims 4 then the three options below will serve you well:
- kaching: get 1,000 simoleons
- rosebud: get 1,000 simoleons (this is more of an easter egg, but it still works)
- motherlode: get 50,000 simoleons
Alternatively, you can use these to help ease your money woes:
- Money X (where X is the amount of simoleons you want): give household an exact number of simoleons – you’ll need to type in ‘testingCheats True’ first to activate this
- FreeRealEstate On: makes all lots in world view free, swap ‘On’ for ‘Off’ to deactivate
Shift + Click Sims 4 cheats
Type ‘testingCheats True’ into the cheat console to activate a new branch of commands and effects that when you Shift + Click on Sims and objects.
- cheat need > disable need decay: stops your Sims needing… anything – can be reversed by swapping ‘disable’ or ‘enable’
- cheat need > make happy: fulfills all needs and makes Sim happy
make dirty: dirties an object, not sure why you’d want to
make clean: makes objects clean, to save your Sim from household chores
- add to family: want to add a random citizen to your family? This is the Sims 4 cheat for you
- cas.fulleditmode: this lets you edit any Sim in Create-A-Sim mode
- Shift + Click anywhere on the ground: this will give you the option to instantly teleport your Sim, which means no more waiting for your character to able their way to the car pool
Sims 4 cheats for build and buy mode
Again, you’ll need to enable cheat mode in the cheat console before entering these, but these are the Sims 4 cheats you’ll need if you want to start messing with build mode.
- bb.moveobjects on: allows you to ignore placement rules like a renegade builder
- bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement: grants access to all catalog items you would ordinarily have to unlock
- bb.enablefreebuild: allows you to build on restricted lots, so if you want to tear down a key building in your town, you’re completely free to do so
Sims 4 cheats for pregnancy and death effects
Life and death all under one banner, whether you want to sprint through trimesters, impregnate ghosts, or resurrect loved ones, these cheats can do the lot.
- sims.add_buff buff_pregnancy_inlabor: make a Sim or ghost pregnant and in labor
- sims.add_buff buff_pregnancy_trimester1: make a Sim or ghost pregnant and in their first trimester – you can cycle between the trimesters by choosing between 1,2, or 3
- pregnancy.force_offspring_count [simID] [count]: change the count to reflect how many kids you want to have all at once
- death.toggle true: save a Sim from death forever, reverse by switching ‘true’ to ‘false’
- sims.add_buff buff_death_electrocution_warning: cause death while using an electric item
- sims.add_buff buff_death_elderexhaustion_warning: cause death after exercising
- sims.add_buff buff_mortified: cause death by embarrassment
- sims.add_buff buff_motives_hunger_starving: you guessed it, death by malnutrition
- sims.add_buff Ghostly: temporarily turn your Sim into a ghost
Sims 4 skill cheats
Progress your Sims in a matter of seconds so you can reach your career goals or just stop setting fire to the house every time one of them tries to make supper. The basic command is ‘stats.set_skill_level Major_Fishing 10’, but naturally you can change the major skill to whatever skill you want to boost, and set the level to a number lower than ten if you don’t want to instantly max out your Sim.
Alternatively, if you want to tweak your career progression you can input ‘careers.demote[name of career]’ or ‘careers.promote[name of career]’ to decide your place in the job market.
SIMS 4 CATS & DOGS CHEATS
The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs expansion adds veterinarian as a career path, allows players to build their own vet clinic, and introduces pets to the game. Be sure to type testingcheats true into the console before using any of these cheats, otherwise these commands won’t work.
- stats.set_skill_level skill_dog [#]: maxes out your pet training skill (five is the maximum)
- stats.set_skill_level major_vet [#]: maxes out your vet skill (ten is the maximum)
- traits.equip_trait attraction: The animal affection perk makes relationships with pets begin at a higher level than usual
SIMS 4 Seasons CHEATS
The Seasons expansion is undoubtedly one of the best Sims 4 expansion packs as it offers massive gameplay changes to the entire game. Use these Sims 4 Seasons cheat to have complete control over the weather.
- seasons.set_season [#]: 0 = summer, 1 = fall, 2 = winter, 3 = spring
- weather.start_weather_event weather_cloudy_cool: set the weather to cloudy and cool
- weather.start_weather_event weather_cloudy_warm: set the weather to cloudy and warm
- weather.start_weather_event weather_heatwave: cause a heatwave (set weather to dangerously hot)
- weather.start_weather_event weather_rain_heavy_warm: set the weather to heavy rain while warm
- weather.start_weather_event weather_rain_light_cool: set the weather to light rain while cool
- weather.start_weather_event weather_rain_storm_cold: cause a thunderstorm
- weather.start_weather_event weather_snow_heavy_freezing: set the weather to heavy snow and freezing
- weather.start_weather_event weather_snow_light_freezing: set the weather to light snow while freezing
- weather.start_weather_event weather_snow_thundersnow: cause a thunderstorm while it snows
- weather.start_weather_event weather_sunny_burning: set the weather to sunny and dangerously hot
- weather.start_weather_event weather_sunny_cool: set the weather to sunny and cool
- weather.start_weather_event weather_sunny_freezing: set the weather to sunny and freezing
- weather.start_weather_event weather_sunny_warm: set the weather to sunny and warm
- weather.start_weather_event weather_sunshower_hot – set the weather to rain while hot
SIMS 4 GET FAMOUS CHEATS
Want to become famous without doing any of the hard work? These Sims 4 Get Famous cheats make all of your fame dreams come true in the blink of an eye.
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Acting [#]: set your acting skill level (ten is the maximum)
- stats.set_skill_level Minor_Media [#]: set your media production skill level (five is the maximum)
- famepoints [#]: give your Sim some fame points
Through hard work and dedication, your Sim can earn special traits to make them unflappable… or you use these cheats to create a superstar.
- traits.equip_trait UnstoppableFame: the unstoppable fame trait stops your Sim from ever having their fame decay. Your Sim will also never react poorly to paparazzi
- traits.equip_trait WorldRenownedActor: the world renowned actor trait stops your Sim from ever failing an acting action
If you’re worried about your Sim not having enough time to make their way through the acting world, use these promotion cheats to give them a helping hand.
- careers.promote Actor: your Sim gains an instant promotion in their acting career
- careers.promote DramaClub: your Sim gains an instant promotion in their Drama Club career
Sims 4 Island Living cheats
While these can be complex to input, there are heaps of Sims 4 cheats for the recent Island Living DLC, allowing you to change your tan and even turn your Sim into a mermaid. Here are some of our favourites – you’ll need to use Ctrl + Shift + C and put the code into the console to activate most of these.
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultMermaid: turn your Sim into a mermaid or merman
- volcanic_eruption small: small lava bombs fall out of the sky on your lot (provided you have a lot of the ‘volcanic activity’ trait on your land)
- volcanic_eruption large: large lava bombs fall out of the sky on your lot (provided you have a lot of the ‘volcanic activity’ trait on your land)
- [Shift + Click] and select from a series of tan options without having to actually lie out in the sun
- traits.equip_trait trait_BeachBum_LaidBack: gives your Sim the Laid Back trait, making it impossible to become tense
- traits.equip_trait trait_Hidden_IslandAncestor_Elemental: gives the Sulani Mana trait, improving quality of plants and allowing you to summon Volcanic Bombs
- traits.equip_trait trait_NaturalSpeaker: grants the Natural Speaker trait that makes your success with grant applications more successful and makes enthusing other Sims easier
- traits.equip_trait trait_FriendOfTheSea: gives your Sim the Master of the Sea trait, so you can swim around the sea faster and befriend dolphins with ease
SIMS 4 DISCOVER UNIVERSITY CHEATS
Use Sims 4 Discover University cheats to spend your student nights partying instead of revising for exams. Whether you’re looking to become a great teacher or an ace attorney, these cheats help you skip the boring bits of the career ladder.
- careers.promote law: your Sim gains an instant promotion in their Law career. The highest rank in the Judge and Private Attorney branches are Chief of Justice and Preeminent Partner, respectively
- careers.promote engineering: your Sim gains an instant promotion in their Engineering career. The highest rank in the Computer Engineering and Private Attorney branches are PC Prodigy and Master of Machines, respectively
- careers.promote education: your Sim gains an instant promotion in their Education career. The highest rank in the Administrator and Professor branches are Head Chancellor and Master Educator, respectively
- stats.set_skill_level major_researchdebate: maxes out your research and debate skill (ten is the maximum)
- stats.set_skill_level major_robotics: maxes out your robotics skill (ten is the maximum)
SIMS 4 SNOWY ESCAPE CHEATS
The Sims 4 Snowy Escape cheats turn your Sim into a natural at all of the new activities at Mt. Komorebi. These activities are exclusive to the mountain town of Yukimatsu, so it’s worth using these cheats if you’re only planning on staying here temporarily.
- stats.set_skill_level major_skiing 10: set your skiing skill level (ten is the maximum)
- stats.set_skill_level major_rockclimbing 10: set your rock climbing skill level (ten is the maximum)
- stats.set_skill_level major_snowboarding 10: set your snowboarding skill level (ten is the maximum)
Sims 4 Cottage Living cheats
After enabling ‘testingCheats True’, you can shift-click livestock to bring up a menu allowing you to:
- Unlock all animal homes
- Cheat relationship
- Get all animal clothes
- Buy animal clothing
- Create wool inventory
- Create all feed recipes
- Cheat outcomes
You can also spawn animals by shift-clicking on the ground, an animal shed, or a chicken coop. When shift-clicking on a chicken coop, you can spawn rare eggs.
Shift-clicking on a Wild Bird Home allows you to control wild birds or discover their gift preferences, and shift-clicking on a fridge allows you to unlock all animal treat recipes – these can also be spawned in your inventory.
To spawn coloured rabbits, shift-click on the Wild Rabbit Home and click ‘create rabbit in home’. The colour of the rabbit will be random.
You can shift-click on sims to kill them with a vicious killer rabbit.
The following cheats need to be typed into the cheat bar:
- stats.setgskillglevel SkillgCrossStitch 5: sets your cross stitch skill to maximum (five)
- traits.equip_trait trait_LactoseIntolerant: gives your sim the Lactose Intolerant trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_AnimalEnthusiast: gives your sim the Animal Enthusiast trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_Nature_Country: gives your sim the Nature Conversationalist trait
And there you have it, a list of useful Sims 4 cheats to help you manipulate your tiny little virtual people in ways you’d never thought possible. Now all that’s left to do is figure out what you want to do with your new divine powers. If you’ve exhausted this list, you can always check out a list of our games like Sims to play something a little different.