The Division’s Underground expansion launched yesterday, delivering a new chapter for the beanie hat-wearing shooter. Instead of facing the blizzards of New York’s wintry streets, Underground takes players into the tunnels and sewers beneath – here they can tackle randomly generated dungeons to recover special loot.
If you like teaming up with pals, check out our list of PC’s bestco-op games.
Underground also comes with some above ground content in the form of the Dragon’s Nest Incursion. This challenge – taking place in a Hell’s Kitchen riddled with Cleaners – is apparently the toughest to date.
Here’s everything you get in the $14.99 DLC:
- There is a secret war going on in the uncharted and claustrophobic depths of Manhattan. Root out the threat and earn unique rewards.
- Explore the Underground of New York in solo play or up to four player co-op.
- Operations: Experience randomly generated levels with all new environmental hazards and traps.
- Directives: Add a unique twist to your gameplay experience by changing the rules of engagement for both your enemies and your own team and combine more Directives to unlock better rewards.
- Underground Rank: Earn Underground experience and climb in Rank to unlock new Directives, Operation types, and exclusive Vanity Items.
New Incursion: Dragon’s Nest
- Travel to Hell’s Kitchen and investigate rumors of a new Cleaner weapon that can wreak havoc throughout Manhattan.
- You must be level 30 and have completed the mission “General Assembly” to access the incursion.
- The encounter is balanced for a team of four players outfitted with high-level gear.
- Heroic Mode will be available one week after release.
New Gear Sets and Weapons
- Added four new Gear Sets:
- B.L.I.N.D. – Control the battlefield with an improved Pulse skill and flashbangs with this hybrid gear set.
- DeadEYE – Dictate long-range engagements with powerful critical strikes or accurate headshots.
- FireCrest – Set your enemies ablaze with this offensive gear set.
- Reclaimer – Boost your entire group with the ultimate support set.
- Added one new Weapon:
- B.L.I.N.D. System MDR Rifle: Please note that while it will be implemented in the game, you will not be able to acquire it until a future update.
On top of the Underground DLC, the vanilla patch brings a bunch of improvements to the base game, adding a bunch of new weapons, new difficulty modes for missions and a big extension for your base of operations, with a new socail hub, vendors and loads more.
Here are the full patch notes:
New Gear Sets
- Added one new Gear Set:
- AlphaBridge – Take advantage of all your equipped weapon talents with this powerful set.
- New High-End Weapons and Weapon Types
Added nine new weapon types
- Military G36 Assault Rifle
- G36C Assault Rifle
- G36 Enhanced Assault Rifle
- Surplus SVD Marksman Rifle
- Paratrooper SVD Marksman Rifle
- PP-19 Submachine Gun
- Enhanced PP-19 Submachine Gun
- X-45 Pistol
- First Wave X-45 Pistol
- Added a new High-End named weapon:
- The Showstopper: A unique full-auto shotgun that’s perfect for close-quarter combat.
Heroic Mode and Challenge Mode Missions
- Added Challenge mode difficulty for two new main missions:
- Hudson Refugee Camp
- Queens Tunnel Camp
- Added a new Heroic mode difficulty:
- Fight even stronger enemies to unlock top tier rewards.
- Available for the Main Missions: Refugee Camp, Queen’s Tunnel Camp, Russian Consulate, Lincoln Tunnel Checkpoint, Lexington Event Center, and WarrenGate Power Plant.
- Available for the Incursions: Falcon Lost, Clear Sky, and Dragon’s Nest. Please note that Dragon’s Nest Heroic Mode will be made available the week after release for Underground owners.
- Daily Missions do not support the Heroic difficulty.
Base of Operations Extension
- The Terminal is a new shared social space inside the Base of Operations.
- The Terminal can be found in the back of the base, next to the Reward Claim Vendor.
- Visit High-Value Target contractors and all new Vendors.
- The Special Equipment Vendor has been split into two vendors within the Terminal, Items Vendor and Blueprint Vendor.
- Players can also Fast Travel directly to The Terminal.
- You can now recalibrate one of your Weapon Talents at the recalibration bench.
- Recalibrating a weapon talent requires Weapon Kits and Phoenix Credits. Weapon Kits can be acquired through drops in the game or crafted.
- Added a new Dark Zone bracket for 231+ Gear Score.
- Player stash size has been increased to 70 total slots (including Base of Operation upgrades).
- Level 30 players will now only encounter level 30 or higher enemy NPCs in Free Roam.
- Rebalanced NPC’s weak points to be more consistent across the board. This impacts the amount of damage needed to trigger them and the amount of damage it does when triggered.
- You can now convert three High-End Division Tech to one of any High-End crafting material.
- Reduced the Phoenix Credit costs of 204 High-End and 240 Gear Set items and blueprints.
- The Special Equipment Vendor in the Tech Wing only sells items now and will no longer sell Blueprints. Blueprints have been moved to a new vendor in The Terminal.
- You can no longer share an item that you have equipped.
- Adjustments have been made to NPC threat lists that caused players to stay in combat for large periods of time. You will now leave combat after reaching a certain distance away from the enemy or after a set amount of time.
- Players will now be disconnected from the game server if they are inactive for 15 minutes or longer.
- Players can now matchmake from inside no-respawn areas and can fast travel into activities while the group is in a no-respawn area.
- You can no longer kick a group member in a boss fight and up to one minute after it has been completed. This restriction does not apply to group members who are AFK or outside the mission area.
- All players must now be present in the final Circle in Clear Sky before you can interact with the laptop and fuses.
- NPCs located in the final Circle in Clear Sky will instantly respawn once killed until players enter the area.
- Players can no longer deploy Mobile Cover skill while they are performing a Cover-to-Cover move.
- Exotic Damage Resilience is now capped at 90%.
- These changes only impact weapons acquired after Update 1.3 unless stated otherwise.
- Added unique bonuses to several weapon families:
- LMG – Increased damage to targets out of cover by X%.
- Shotguns – Added a chance to stagger NPCs. This will not affect other players.
- Assault Rifles – Added an enemy armor damage bonus. This does not impact damage done to other players.
- Changed the weapon bonus on SMGs from a % crit hit chance to % crit hit damage.
- Increased the base damage of Shotguns.
- Decreased the damage done by the AUG and Vector. This impacts all new and existing ones.
- Increased the minimum accuracy cap on the M1A. When shooting consistently, the crosshair will grow to a much larger size than it previously did. This impacts all new and existing M1As.
- The damage done by Explosive bullets has been reduced.
- The status effect of Incendiary bullets has been reduced against other players.
- Every gear piece now has a set number of mod slots that can’t be recalibrated. This change only affects gear that drops after Update 1.3. Each gear piece will now have:
- Chest: 2 mod slots
- Mask: 1 mod slot
- Kneepad: 1 mod slot
- Backpack: 1 mod slot
- Gloves : 0 mod slots
- Holster: 0 mod slots
- Holsters will now always have all three attributes.
- Sentry’s Call and Striker’s Battlegear gear sets have had their two-set and three-set bonus reduced, and we have added a new five-set bonus. The four-set bonuses have not been changed.
- Sentry’s Call bonuses were:
- 2 Set: +30% Headshot Damage
- 3 Set: +20% Damage to Elites
- Sentry’s Call bonuses are now:
- Sentry’s Call 2 Set: +10% Headshot Damage
- Sentry’s Call 3 Set: +10% Damage to Elites
- Sentry’s Call 5 Set: +20% Headshot Damage and +10% Damage to Elites
- Striker’s Battlegear bonuses were:
- 2 Set: +20% Enemy Armor Damage
- 3 Set: +50% Critical Hit Damage
- Striker’s Battlegear bonuses are now
- Striker’s Battlegear 2 Set: +10% Enemy Armor Damage
- Striker’s Battlegear 3 Set: +20% Critical Hit Damage
- Striker’s Battlegear 5 Set: +10% Enemy Armor Damage and +30% Critical Hit Damage
- The 231+ Gear Score Dark Zone bracket will include more powerful NPCs.
- DZ 01-02 NPC lvl 33
- DZ 03-04 NPC lvl 34
- DZ 05-06 NPC lvl 35
- DZ 05-06 in Gear Score bracket 201-230 will now have a chance to drop Gear Score 229 High Ends and 268 Gear Sets.
- Dark Zone chests now scale better with the Gear Score bracket and the named zone you are in.
- The High-Risk High-Value Targets have had their rewards and difficulty adjusted to take into account the Gear Score increase.
- Normalized loot drops from Main Missions in Challenge mode.
- Caduceus can now drop from Hard Mode Mission bosses.
- Normal mode Missions now drop Superior items.
- Green Division Tech will no longer drop in the Dark Zone after level 30.
- Added a base weapon damage value that makes it easier to compare weapons.
- Gear mods and weapon mods are now combined in the same inventory display.
- Added a new inventory slot for Misc.
- Improved the visibility of Supply Drops on the Mega Map.
- Fixed a bug where the Predator 4-set bleed effect would not trigger the Shrapnel player talent.
- Fixed a bug where a player using a med-kit while having the combat medic talent equipped would result in destroying allied skills proxy.
- Fixed a bug where using a med-kit while having the combat medic talent equipped would heal the player using it for 40% more health instead of just their allies.
- Fixed a bug where EMP grenades would not always trigger the Final Measure four-set defuse effect.
- Fixed a bug where the Operation ISAC timer was showing the incorrect time.
- Predatory weapon talent now correctly uses the player’s Health as the base of the healing amount, instead of the target’s Health.
- Fixed a bug where the Survivor Link Signature Skill would increase the movement speed while moving backwards and carrying an item.
- Fixed a bug where the Ballistic Shield would lose its hitbox after the player performed a roll move.
- Fixed a bug where the Ballistic Shield would become invincible after opening and closing the inventory.
- Fixed a bug where Pulse would sometimes not detect NPCs in range.
- Fixed a bug that caused loot containers to sometimes not be detected by Pulse when using the Recon Pack modification.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to go through objects by deploying the Mobile Cover at the top of stairs.
- Fixed a bug where NPC skirmishes could start while a Supply Drop event was underway in that same location.
- Fixed Supply Drop notifications and mission tracker inconsistencies.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Explosive Bullets to sometimes damage players behind cover.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes the damage shown by the weapon blueprint is higher than the actual damage of the crafted weapon.
- Fixed a bug where sending a group invite to a player from the suggested list would make that player visible on the megamap in the Dark Zone.
- Fixed VoIP chat causing lag and freezes in the Dark Zone.
- Fixed a bug where surplus Division Tech rewarded in Sealed Caches would not drop to the ground if the player had reached Division Tech resource limit in their pouches.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes players could not pick up currency drops from enemy NPCs.
- Fixed a bug where the Rogue icon would stay on the map after the Rogue player was eliminated.
- Fixed a bug where players could use the Ballistic Shield skill to break the collision with the Dark Zone Checkpoint doors and enter the Checkpoint while Rogue.
- Fixed a bug where players would be teleported out of an electronics shop inside Clinton map area.
- Fixed a bug where the player could exit the playable map area in Napalm Production Site mission.
- Fixed a bug in Napalm Production Site where sometimes the first objective would not complete if players killed the NPCs and Napalm tank with a single Sticky Bomb.
- Fixed an FPS issue during the explosion sequence in Napalm Production Site.
- Fixed a bug where players would be considered outside the playable map area and teleported out in DZ06.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes players would take damage when climbing a ladder in DZ01.
- Fixed several character collision issues in Precinct Siege mission in Brooklyn.
- Fixed a bug where the Critical Search and Destroy mission icon would not display on the Megamap.
- Fixed a bug where High Value Target NPCs could shoot through walls in Flatiron District.
- Fixed a bug where the High-Value Target mission in Hell’s Kitchen would sometimes lock loot behind a door.
- Fixed a rare bug where a group of Level 1 NPCs would spawn in DZ04.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes the Deconstruction UI pop-up would overlap the Crafting Table menu.
- Fixed a bug where you could recalibrate an attribute to a value outside of what was displayed in the UI.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause numbers to be rounded incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes reloading wouldn’t take extended magazines into consideration.
- Fixed a bug where ending reload animations would not play.
- Fixed a bug where the player would be stuck in the blind fire position for too long.
- Fixed a bug where player would see the fall damage warning on non-movement interactions.
- Fixed the color of vanity loot drops when viewed in the game world from afar.
- Fixed some audio propagation bugs for Fragmentation Grenade and player gunshots while in the Dark Zone.
- Fixed several subtitle localization issues for interactions with JTF patrols.
- Fixed a bug where friends were not visible on the megamap when not grouped.
- Fixed a rare issue where the mission UI would disappear following a mission failure.
- Minor text corrections for a few items in the in-game store.
- Fixed a bug where the Moon was upside down.
- Improvements to consumable and grenade selection wheel navigation.
- Added new key binding options for instant skill use (self-cast).
- Player kills are now announced in local chat, including the player usernames.
- Increased size of ignore list for chat and old entries are now pushed off the end of the list (removed).
- Fixed the UI notifications for the High-Value Target vendor.
- Fixed a bug where the mouse wheel would not scroll the Gear Mod inventory screen.
- Fixed a bug where the scrollbar would not return to the top of the pane when players changed blueprint selections in any vendor inventory screen.
- Tobii eye-tracking: Separated Aim-At-Gaze and Cover-At-Gaze options.