It’s fair to say Warcraft 3: Reforged has had a rocky launch. Developer Blizzard has told investors “it’s been a bit of a hard week” for the company following the MMORPG remaster’s arrival, and it recently revealed Warcraft 3 updates were on the way to restore some features and fix some classic mode graphics glitches – but they wouldn’t overhaul Reforged’s cutscenes. Now, a 2GB patch has arrived for the remaster – and it seems there are some tweaks to cutscenes included.
While the update’s changes don’t seem likely to address the bigger concerns of disappointed players who have been scoring Warcraft 3: Reforged the worst videogame ever on Metacritic, there are tweaks included for “animations, triggers, and cameras for some cutscenes”.
Plus, during gameplay, there are improvements to classic mode’s rendering and Ziggurat upgrade animation, as well as “adjusted animations and portraits for multiple units and buildings”. That’s in addition to a whole bunch of bug fixes and other tweaks, too.
While we’ll still have to wait for the major update to bring back leaderboards and clans to the classic RPG game’s features – which we should hear more about in the “coming weeks” – the new Warcraft 1.32.1 update bring 2GB’s worth of improvements to check out in the meantime. You can see the full patch notes below. via Blizzard.
Warcraft 3: Reforged update 1.32.1 patch notes
- Players should no longer be met with a “defeat” screen after loading into a mission.
- Audio levels for some dialogue have been adjusted.
- The animations, triggers, and cameras for some cutscenes have been tweaked.
- Disconnecting or logging out will no longer change the save file folder.
- Fixed a number of issues that would block progression or not give credit for completing missions.
Developer’s note: Updating a map for these types of fixes invalidates prior saves. This is similar to how replays from prior game client versions no longer work. Campaign progress will not be lost.
- Multi-boards should no longer crash custom games.
Joining lobbies for the same map no longer creates duplicate versions of the map.
Developer’s note: This also resolves disconnects from improper map names.
- The rendering of Classic mode has been updated.
- Resolved an issue with hitching when constructing buildings or training units for the first time.
- Fixed Ziggurat upgrade animation in Reforged mode.
- Adjusted animations and portraits for multiple units and buildings.
- Units completing training while off-screen again have voices.
- Starting locations are again obscured by the fog of war.
- Whispers now include the name of the sender.
- Locale settings for audio and subtitles can now be adjusted independently in Battle .net prior to launching the game.
- Non-Latin glyphs no longer overlap.
- A tooltip now displays when hovering over truncated text.
- Chat keeps up with the latest messages.
- Heroes on the match results screen are now contained by boundaries.
- All menus are now distinct between Classic and Reforged graphic settings.
Developer’s note: We’ve implemented a temporary solution to better inform whether you are playing in Reforged or Classic mode, by applying a sepia tone to the background images for Classic.