Before we start talking about the changes to the site, I wanted to say a big thank you.
Back when we first launched the site, there was a moment when James (evil lord business/co-founder of the site) and I were looking at real-time analytics. In analytics, you can see exactly how many people are on the site at any one time. We’d had a good E3 – links from all over the place, lots of love on Twitter, and lots of traffic. This was the Sunday following. There were three people on the site. James was one. I was the other. Then I realised I’d left my laptop on in the other room.
We’re quite a lot bigger now – 1.5 million people visit us each month, and we’re growing. We want to say a sincere and heartfelt thank you to our regular visitors and community. Thank you for your comments, your submissions, your shares and tweets and emails. Thank you for supporting us. It is an incredible thing.
As you can see, we’ve had a bit of a refresh of PCGamesN. Here’s what we’ve added or changed.
- It’s prettier. We really hope you like orange.
- You should be able to see more stories on the homepage.
- We have fixed some annoying bugs that were hanging around (e.g.: comments should now recognise line-breaks).
- We’ve got proper profiles for our logged in users. To get one yourself, connect your Steam account. It’s definitely worth it
- Those profiles include what you’re playing on Steam.
- If you’re talking about a game on Steam, the amount of time you’ve played a game on Steam will appear next to your comments.
- You’ll be able to see other users that play a game on stories about that game.
That’s it for now, but there’s much, much more to come.
We have a few favours to ask.
We are close to launching more things for the site, but we’d like to test them, and gather feedback first. If you’d like to take part in a very closed, very exclusive, very orange beta, let us know in the comments.
Similarly, if you see any bugs, anything broken, or anything that can be improved, let us know below.