Have you ever, in a fit of rage after an unsuccessful PvP bout in World of Warcraft, deleted your character, only to regret it later? Perhaps an angry partner, sick to the back teeth of you raiding all night long, binned your hero? If so, Blizzard feels your pain.
A new feature is being brought in with the upcoming pre-Warlords of Draenor patch that will allow you to resurrect deleted characters. There are a few caveats though.
- Characters under level 10 and Death Knights at level 55 are not eligible to be undeleted.
- Characters between level 10 and level 29 will no longer be recoverable after 90 days.
- Characters between level 30 and 49 will no longer be recoverable after 120 days.
- All other characters level 50 and above are eligible to be undeleted at any time.
- Please keep in mind you will only be able to use the undelete option once every 30 days.
Bringing a character back from the dead will return it to the state it was in before deletion, along with gear, enchantments - everything. You’ll be able to pick up where you left off.
The names of deleted characters will also be held by Blizzard for a limited time, so you might not have to rename it either.