There’s nothing like the warm, hot and fiery breath of a big red dragon to warm the cockles of your heart in the midst of the winter season. ArcheAge players will experience just that in the latest update to the sandbox pirate MMO, with the introduction of a new dragon world boss, along with some seasonal festive cheer.
There’s nothing like the warm, hot and fiery breath of a big red dragon to warm the cockles of your heart in the midst of the winter season. ArcheAge players will experience just that in the latest update to the sandbox pirate MMO, with the introduction of a new dragon world boss, along with some seasThew Version 1.2 Build 4.16 will set the lands of Karkasse ablaze with the terror of the Red Dragon. You can already find minions of the draconic beast, his own Wyrmkin spawn, roaming around the zone. You’ll want to seek out the Evenbards for their ancient tales, which will give you some insight on how to tackle the mighty threat.
Taking a break from the fire, adventurers will also want to take care of the Dahuta cult, which has vastly grown in strength. You can find their base of operations under the Arcandian Sea, and while you’re at it some new sweet loot.
On a much friendly note, the Winter Maiden Festival has come to Erenor. You’ll find multiple events and festivals throughout the land, which award bountiful rewards for participation. Help set up festival trees, build a snowman and stuff stocking to spread the cheer.
Take a gander at the patch notes on the next page to see what other morsels lie within the update.onal festive cheer.
WINTER MAIDEN FESTIVAL
The time of the Winter Maiden’s Festival approaches, in honor of Kyprosa, Lady of the Forest, Gatekeeper of the Garden. Celebratory events are prepared throughout Erenor, including:
* The Winter Maiden Messenger needs your help recovering stolen decorations! She can be found in the major cities and will give you the quest “Gifts for the Winter Maiden”.
– Collect eight Festival Tree Decorations which can be found on defeated enemies and bring them to the Winter Maiden Messenger.
– Completing the quest gives you a Winter Maiden Festival Tree that you can place and decorate with additional Festival Tree Decoration Packs that can be found on defeated enemies.
– Once a tree is fully decorated with four Festival Tree Decoration Packs it will turn into a Generous Winter Maiden Festival Tree after an hour.
– Interact with the Generous Winter Maiden Festival Tree to collect a Winter Maiden’s Gift Box which can be opened every hour for an assortment of gifts, like unique wands bearing special animation actions!
Do You Want to Build a Snowman?
* Defeated enemies may contain Frosty Packed Snow or Snowcone Packed Snow, which can be placed to begin building either a Frosty Snowman or Snowcone Snowman.
– Finish your Snowman masterpiece by using two more Snows of the matching type.
– After an hour, a fully built Snowman will turn into a Snowman Anima which can be harvested for a Snowman Plushie Box, containing one of seven different Snowman Plushie house decor items!
* A new icon will appear in the bottom left of the UI along with a timer. When the icon lights up, you’ll be able to receive a Flame Lunabox by clicking it.
– Collect twenty Flame Prize Tokens from the Flame Lunaboxes to create a Winter Maiden Stocking.
– Look inside the Stocking for a set of festively-themed headwear!
* Property placement now has a five-second delay between attempts in order to disrupt rapid spam-placement attempt tools. Please adjust your strategy for property grabs accordingly!
* Adjusted the protection buff on Arena defense towers to prevent these objects from being unintentionally destroyable early in the match.
* Teleport Book entries for houses that have been destroyed or had their owner changed since the location was recorded will no longer be a possible destination for teleportation.
* The Mirage Lilyut Horse no longer comes standard* with ice skates. The gliding movement after stopping these mounts has been fixed. (*Ice skates are also not an available add-on option. Sorry!)
* The Comet Speedster is now available for purchase on Mirage Isle for 800 Gilda Stars. The Timber Coupe remains unavailable for now due to XLGAMES wishing to tune its off-road capabilities.
* The Wrapped Santiago’s Fishing Rod is now a tradable item.
* Increased the re-use time on Old Jars to 60 seconds.
* Changed the design of the casting bar to allow more room for text in various languages.
* Removed the display of Patron Time duration from the character selection screen and initial login, as this display often did not match the actual time remaining on your account. Your current Patron Time duration can be found on the Glyph website.
* Added a space between the “To Playername:” and the sent text when sending a whisper to another character.
* Removed an unneeded space between the number and the minute/hour designator on buff icons to save space.
* Updated the blocked word filter with more words. A known issue is that some words that contain letters of other words are being blocked unintentionally with the filter on.
* French/German: Updated the housing info UI to replace Korean with French or German as appropriate.
* French: Fixed one of the Freedich Isle maps so it no longer has Korean text.
* French: Fixed the House Sale UI button so the text aligns properly.