Bohemia Interactive have announced the release date for Arma 3’s Jets DLC, which is touching down mid-May. At the same time, players will be getting access to the CVN-83 “USS Freedom” Aircraft Carrier, whether they buy the DLC or not.
If you’re into military-based experiences, check out our list of the best war games.
That nuclear-powered aircraft carrier is an object for the editor, but don’t get too excited – it may look cool, but it isn’t drivable and it’s just a static object. See how it sits in the water without interaction in the trailer above? Yeah. You can land and take off from it, mind.
Still, Jets look like a damn decent addition to the military sim. Here’s what’s included:
- F/A-181 Black Wasp II – The F/A-181 Black Wasp II is a fifth-generation, single-seat, twin-engine, all-weather tactical fighter jet. The aircraft was designed primarily as an air-superiority fighter, but also has ground attack capabilities. Its additional external hard points enable the aircraft to carry a wide variety of weapons configurations. The Black Wasp is fitted with the required equipment for carrier operations.
- To-201 Shikra – The To-201 Shikra is a fifth-generation, single-seat, twin-engine, all-weather tactical fighter jet. The aircraft was designed by a CSAT and Russian joint syndicate with the goal to build a highly agile and manoeuvrable air-superiority fighter. Similar to the F/A-181, the To-201 also has ground attack capabilities, and is able to support various weapons configurations via its conventional pylons, but also its internal weapons bay.
- A-149 Gryphon – The A-149 Gryphon is a fourth-generation, single-seat, single-engine, and all-weather tactical fighter jet. The aircraft was designed as a multi-role platform at an affordable cost, and unlike some of the larger air-superiority jets, it can also perform well in low-altitude flight. Despite its aging platform, the A-149 has still been upgraded with the newest sensors and weapons systems.
- Sentinel – The Sentinel is a fifth-generation, state of the line, twin-engine, all-weather tactical Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle (UCAV). The Sentinel was designed primarily as a reconnaissance platform, but can also perform precision ground attacks. It typically operates from an aircraft carrier.
- Showcase Fighter Jets – Take to the skies above Altis and engage in air-to-air and air-to-ground combat in a brand new Showcase scenario.
There’s a 10% discount on the Jets DLC if you pre-order on Steam prior to release.
- Read More
- ArmA III