A bunch of known issues have been fixed in the latest Battlefield 1 patch, replacing missing dog tags, solving connection problems and fixing crashes. You’ll probably still fly your plane straight into the dirt, though. Sorry.
It’s a different conflict, but we have a list of the best WW2 games for you to read.
As well as the issues mentioned above, the update should solve a button prompt problem with Xbox One controllers, clean up some graphical issues, and stop the game crashing upon exit for some players.
Here are the full patch notes, via the Battlefield forums:
- Fix for one common and one uncommon client crash.
- Fixed a potential soft freeze in single player campaign connected to AI.
- Fixed an issue where players experienced getting stuck in the globe screen when cancelling matchmaking.
- Fixed an issue when trying to join multiple servers.
- Fixed an issue where players experienced weapon skins not being removed when scrapping items.
- Fixed an issue where players were missing “The Insider” Dog Tag.
- Tweaked calculations of values in End of Round.
- Fixed issue where Class Rank was incorrect. (Note: This fix may result in players going down in Class Rank to the correct rank. In this scenario, any unlocks purchased at a higher and incorrect rank will not be lost.)
- Fixed an occasional crash when a user shutdown the game.
- Fixed an issue where players experienced troubles with A and X button functionality on PC while using an Xbox One controller.
- Fixed an issue where players experienced crashing while closing the client during streaming installation.
- Fixed two issues in the “Through Mud and Blood” War Story where no new objectives would appear.
- Fixed an issue where players experienced wrong info in loading screen.
- Fixed an issue where players were missing the Dog Tag counter.
- Fixed an issue where English text would appear for players in non-English regions.
- Fixed an issue where players experienced a placeholder image when opening the Operations menu for the first time.
- Fixed an issue where players were missing an option to display controller button prompts.
- Fixed an issue where players experienced End of Round screen not loading.
- Fixed a crash related to soldier animation.
- Fixed a graphical glitch when exiting a War Story and going to the main menu.
- Temporal anti-aliasing is now the default anti-aliasing mode on medium graphics quality.
- Fix for a graphical issue causing artifacts in shadows.