Battlefield developers DICE have announced that specialisations – a hallmark of their leading shooter franchise for years – are coming soon to its latest entry, Battlefield 1.
Get the lowdown on your four classes with our Battlefield 1 class guide.
Specialisations will be coming to the community test servers soon. If you’re new to the franchise, they’re basically perks – similar to those you get in Call of Duty. There’s a set of seven generic ones and then two more for each class for a total of 15, though more are planned in the future. “All players will start with three specialisations by default,” DICE say, suggesting you’ll be able to equip three at once.
The default three are flak, cover, and quick regen. All specialisations will be available for testing on the CTE, but when they’re added to the live game in the Name of the Tsar expansion you’ll need to unlock new ones via ‘Service Assignments’, about which more news is coming later.
DICEmade the announcement on Reddit, in a post which also listed the specialisations themselves:
- Flak: incoming damage from explosions is reduced by 15%
- Cover: incoming suppression is reduced by 25%
- Quick Regen: decreases time before Out of Combat Heal by 20%
- Quick Unspot: decreases length of time you are Spotted by two seconds
- Bayonet Training: bayonet charge lasts one second longer and recovers one second quicker
- Hasty Retreat: increases your maximum sprint speed by 10% while you are Suppressed
- Camouflage: when moving slowly or stationary, you are invisible to Spot Flares
- Juggernaut: your Gas Mask also reduces explosive damage by 15% (stacks)
- Controlled Demolition: TNT is now detonated sequentially
- Stimulant Syringe: reviving an ally gives you both a 20% sprint speed for eight seconds (does not stack)
- Concealed Rescue: downed squadmates within 20 metres drop smoke to cover their revival (40 second cooldown)
- Unbreakable: incoming suppression reduced by 75% when your bipod is deployed
- Pin Down: the duration an enemy remains spotted is extended via Suppression
- Scapegoat: a decoy is automatically deployed when struck below 35 health by a distant enemy (30 second cooldown)
- Perimeter Alarm: when your Trip Mine is triggered, enemies within 15 metres are marked on the mini-map