In the next iteration of the popular Battlefield 2 mod: Project Reality, the team of modders behind it have made their creation a standalone product, no longer requiring Battlefield 2 in order to play it.
“With EA ceasing support of Battlefield 2 and removing it from online stores, the unavailability of the game has proven difficult for new players. Therefore, with PR:BF2 v1.3, it is no longer a requirement to have Battlefield 2 installed.”
As well as making it a standalone mod, Project Reality 1.3 also adds a slew of new features and tweaks.
- Added PR:BF2 standalone – Battlefield 2 is no longer required.
- Added PRISM server administration tool.
- Added Nuijamaa map (2km) (FR vs RU) (AAS, Skirmish).
- Added deployable roadblocks.
- Added Canadian CH-146 Griffon light transport helicopter.
- Added Chinese ZTZ-99A2 main battle tank.
- Added AKM & AKMS assault rifles to multiple unconventional factions.
- Updated vehicle smoke to be more effective and to feature IR-blocking functionality on some vehicles.
- Updated AK-74 recoil animations.
- Updated physics on several helicopters.
- Updated infantry movement speed with faster sighted-in movement.
- Updated heavy asset respawn times to be at least 20 minutes instead of 15.
- Updated UAV to now have a fuel system.
- Fixed many bugs and performance issues.
If you want to find out more about Project Reality, jump on over to their official page.