Despite being six months away, the system requirements for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 have been released into the wild. This isn’t a leak either; Activision and Treyarch have announced the requirements to the world, signalling perhaps an element of excitement over the PC version of the console mega-hit shooter.
The requirements are fairly modest, having apparently been designed to run broadly well across lower and higher range rigs. It’s something you may well have identified from the game’s trailer, which certainly doesn’t scream the future of graphical technology.
- Operating System: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit / Windows 8.1 64-Bit
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenom™ II X4 810 @ 2.60 GHz
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 470 @ 1GB / ATI® Radeon™ HD 6970 @ 1GB
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
“We have a dedicated team working on features and optimisation specifically for the PC that’s focused on ensuring we can deliver the best PC game possible for Call of Duty,” said Treyarch boss Mark Lamia at an event attended by VG247.
“For players on high-end rigs there are feature-rich options for them. You’ve invested in your rig, you want to be able to turn on all those options and play all maxed out.”
“And with moderate PCs we’re doing a lot of optimisations up front and making sure you can have an awesome experience too.”
- Read More
- Black Ops III system requirements