Having placed my ear firmly against my BT Homehub, I can tell you that word on the internet is that a near complete list of Black Ops 2 multiplayer maps has been leaked. The list has allegedly been extracted from the Black Ops 2 internal beta and contains the names and descriptions of 14 multiplayer maps, which I’ve dutifully reproduced for you below. Is it authentic? Is it lies? It’s missing the Nuketown map, and that’s been confirmed to appear, but it does contain the names of maps shown at this year’s Gamescom. It could go either way, really. Take a look.
Here’s the list in full, spied by PSLS.
- Carrier –Chinese Supercarrier. Open engagements on the deck, with great close quarter fights through the hull.
- Cargo-Port of Singapore. Good for close quarters engagements and verticality.
- Drone-Hidden drone facility in the heart of the Mynamar jungles. Great long engagements down the center, fun close quarter fights through the facility.
- Express-Los Angeles bullet train station. Good long to medium engagements up and down the bullet train tracks.
- Hijacked-Luxurious super yacht. Frantic, yet controlled close quarters engagements.
- Aftermath –Set in a ruined downtown Los Angeles after an invasion
- Meltdown –Pakistan nuclear power plant. Battle for control of the nuclear cooling tower and the surrounding facilities.
- Nightclub –Floating resort in the middle of the Indian Ocean. Tight corners and angles throughout.
- Overflow –Peshawar, Pakistan. Great urban engagements in the flooded streets.
- Raid-Fight through this hillside mansion, in the Hollywood Hills. Hectic close quarters engagements.
- Slums –Run down section of Panama. Great close quarters engagements and tough chokes to fight over.
- Socotra –Urban streets of Yemen. Tight alleys and close quarters engagements.
- Turbine –Wind farm in the steep hills of Yemen. Fight across the different tiers and angles.
- Village –Border town between China and Kyrgyzstan. Classic engagements and destinations to fight over.
Loads of close quarters engagements, then. And a tiny bit ofverticality, to suit your tastes.
Also revealed in the leaked listare the names of single playercampaign maps, with accompanying descriptions detailing snippets of plot. Obviously if the leak is genuinethere are spoilers behind that link, but needless to say, BLOPS bad guy of the dayMenendez is being a right old cheeky beggar throughout.
Black Ops 2 launches in little under two months, onNovember 13.