Hidden Path are still fiddling about with the latest Counter-Strike, tweaking Deagle’s gun range here, increasing the recoil on a Glock there, and generally being a busy body to make their version of Valve’s aged shooter the most pristine of them all.
The patch released last week is a slight one but fixes some little niggly bugs and balances a couple of the game’s best weapons so I thought it best to share.
Check out the full notes below.
- Deagle: increased effective range.
- P250: reduced effective range.
- Glock: increased recoil on burst.
- Added a community dedicated server convar “sv_workshop_allow_other_maps”. When this option is enabled and the server is idling empty, it will allow players to reserve it on another workshop map. Server will then download the other workshop map and let players play it, after the map ends the players will mapcycle into workshop collection hosted by the server.
- Added a game setting ‘Max Acceptable Matchmaking Ping’ to allow users in geographic locations far from official datacenters to find games via matchmaking without using developer’s console.
- Servers starting to host a workshop collection will no longer show up as running de_dust.
- Added convar mp_death_drop_c4 that determines whether C4 is droppable.
- Fixed not being able to drop C4 in Demolition mode.
- Added display of public joinable games in maps workshop browser.
- Fixed dead players getting a network update that showed their dead icon position at the position of the player they jumped to spectate right after dying
- Fixed mapcycle problems when the server was playing a map outside of active mapgroup or collection.
- Workshop maps no longer show “workshop” prefix on master server and official maps show “official” instead of map id when played as part of hosted workshop collection.
- Fixed the post processing effects (like blur) persisting through a level change to the new map if the new map does not contain a postprocess_controller entity.
- Fixed some sv convars so they can be executed via map cfg files
- Fixed the regular radar images not showing on the loading screen for workshop/custom maps
- Fixed an interpolation exploit with bogus update rates.
- Fixed a regression where old protobuf demo files failed to play. All protobuf demos should be playable again.
- Maps that are newly subscribed are now highlighted as NEW in the UI.
Lovely stuff. Unfortunately there areno really out there bugs to draw attention to. So let me quote one in the tone that I’m making a wry and clever joke.
Oh, “Added display of public joinable games in maps workshop browser,” You crazy old fool. What are you like? Amiright?