The latest in an increasingly morbid series of CS:GO updates sees Valve pondering the nuances of firing a bullet through one body part and hitting another.
Ordinarily, making a hole in a CT’s neck would count as a headshot, and cause increased damage. However, shoot somebody’s neck through their chest and you’ll now only deal chest damage. Lovely.
The patch also sets right a number of miscellaneous glitches, including one that had grenades occasionally pirouetting on the spot thanks to some crime against physics. What’s more, players will now be sin-binned to a “competitive cooldown” by Counter-Strike’s matchmaking system if they’ve been vote kicked too many times in recent competitive games.
See below for the full breakdown.
- Mag7 – reduced cost to 1800.
- Mac10 – increased price to 1050.
- XM1014 – reduced damage to 20.
- Body parts penetration code will not register headshot damage when penetrating into the neck hitbox through the chest hitbox, only chest damage will be dealt in this case.
- Updated de_favela to latest version.
- Fixed some bugs in de_inferno where the player could get stuck on geometry, fixed some minor bugs (Thanks Wλve!).
- If a player was vote kicked from too many recent competitive games the matchmaking system will assign them a competitive cooldown.
- Added sever command line support for -net_port_try 1 to prevent servers from trying to climb ports if the request port was busy.
- Fixed a rare grenade physics interaction that could cause grenades to spin in place when thrown at certain kinds of physics props or players.
- Adjusted default value of sv_maxusrcmdprocessticks server convar to 16 for community servers with default settings to successfully process all user commands from even lowest tickrate and framerate clients.
- When going to overtime players who survived in the last round will start with empty inventory even though teams don’t switch sides.
- Fixed flashbang number not updating on the hud if you had set “close after buy.”