China’s coming for the Crusader Kings so they should probably be worried. Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon adds China, not as a playable faction (give it time), but an off-map influence that needs to be bribed, persuaded, coerced, and avoided at all costs.
For more of the best strategy games ever, see our dedicated list.
Here’s the feature breakdown:
- A new screen will let you know what China wants so you can keep them happy
- You can even submit yourself as a tributary, and try to escape when the Emperor is weak
- New characters will arrive from China (princes and adventurers, apparently)
- A new set of artifacts to collect and a “Silk Road system” that governs how much money you make from trade
- Rally points added for levies
- Chinese and Tibetan portraits, plus Chinese units added
- There are eight more Casus Bellis because “you can never have enough”
There was also a pun in the press release, but it was honestly so bad I’m going to spend the rest of my days trying to forget it.
No word on a release date for this yet, but it’s usually not long between the announcement and it being ready to play – expect it in a couple of months, probably.