Bethesda’s suite of VR ports – for Fallout 4, Skyrim, and Doom – will all arrive before the end of the year. While Skyrim is currently a PlayStation-VR-only project (probably not for long, eh), Doom and Fallout 4 are coming to the Vive.
Perhaps we’ll add these to our list of best VR games.
Here’s the run down:
- Skyrim VR hits PSVR on November 17
- It feels very unlikely it will stay there, but for now Bethesda aren’t announcing anything else. Quakecon is this week, though.
- Doom VFR is out December 1
- It’s on HTC Vive and PSVR, no mention of Oculus. Probably unlikely.
- Fallout 4 VR hits December 12
- This is currently only on the Vive, but after a tweet-based snafu, HTC said it might not stay that way.
Both Fallout and Doom look very interesting, being some of the only true triple-A VR ports of massively popular (and rather good) games. Whether they’ll actually play well in VR remains to be seen, but with the power and money behind them it would be surprising if they made it out the door without a strong base level of quality.
If you happen to be going to QuakeCon – well first of all, say hi to our Jeremy if you see him – but more importantly all of the games will be playable on the show floor. We’ll have some impressions for you soon.