Some of you might know the new Elder Titan by the maiden name he sported in the original Dota, Tauren Chieftain, which he’s since relinquished to Blizzard. In the process, though, he’s picked up some rather dramatic lore – it seems our Titan was accidentally responsible for shaping creation itself.
“In honing his skills, [the Elder Titan] shattered something that could never be repaired, only thrown aside,” reads his entry. “He fell into his own broken world, a shattered soul himself. There he dwelt among the jagged shards and fissured planes, along with other lost fragments that had sifted down through the cracks in the early universe”.
Cor. In the interests of balance, his battlefield skillset is somewhat less far-reaching.
The majority of the Elder Titan’s abilities are performed in conjunction with his Ancestral Spirit – a spiritual mimic of his movements which damages any units it passes through. When it rejoins its master via Return Ancestral Spirit, the Spirit adds bonus damage and movement speed proportionate to the number of units damaged.
Echo Stomp sees both the Titan and his mimic stomp the ground, causing physical and magical damage respectively, knocking back nearby enemy units and waking them if unconscious.
Natural Order strips nearby enemies of their base armour and magic resistance, while Earth Splitter creates a fissure in front of the Titan which explodes after three seconds, damaging all units in its area.
Elsewhere, yesterday’s patch has extracted and vapourised a bug that was letting players submit extra reports on Sundays, which obviously isn’t right. Everybody knows that Sundays are for confession – the onus is on the guilty to report themselves.
Full patch notes follow. What stands out to you?
- Fixed a bug that was allowing extra report submissions on Sundays.
- Revised the Community page.
- Added an icon for league games to the Live, Recent and Downloaded game lists.
- Changed Heroes Played and Game History to be popups in the Profile.
- Numerous improvements to the Tournament Scheduling interface.
- Fixed Buy Back availability in spectator dropdown being inaccurate sometimes.
- Improved web browser performance.
- Fixed hitches when spectating games and switching between heroes.
- New lines added to Skywrath Mage, Timbersaw, and Bristleback.
- Added an Animation Overlay dropdown to the Workshop Model Preview.
- Added Lycanthrope’s wolves to the Ability Model import list.