Rideable, mountable, pilotable dragons are coming to Skyrim, according to filenames lifted from the game’s most recent update. The data hints at an upcoming DLC pack, possibly titled ‘Dragonborn’, that will add mounted dragon combat as well as new locations from as far afield as Elder Scrolls III’s Morrowind.
As well as saddleabledragons, a series of uncoveredquest markers point at the following locations:
- Castle Karstaag – a locationfrom Elder Scrolls III:Morrowind’s second expansion, Bloodmoon
- Solstheim – an island to the northwest of the island on which Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind was set
- Skyrim – its inclusionsuggests that you’ll leave Skyrim at some point
- Telvanni Tower – the Wizards ofTelvanni are one of Morrowind’s Great Houses. A location called ‘Telvanni Tower’ exists in Vvardenfell’s capital city of Vivec
- Standing Stones – known locations throughout Skyrim that bestow godly blessings
- Raven Rock – a locationfrom Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind’s second expansion, Bloodmoon
- Miraak Temple – an unknown location
Four new armour types are also mentioned: Bonemold, Chitin, Nordin and Stalhrim. Also mentioned are specific animations pertaining to on-dragon combat, including’dual magic’,’dual staff’ and, for night-flying, ‘shield or torch’.
Oh, and a more general animated called Paired_DLC02RipHeartOut has been spotted, which is a very fine name for an animation indeed.