With barely a month gone since its launch, Endless Space 2 is getting some free content with its latest update, version 1.0.18. The Stellar Prisoner will be available from 17:00 BST today (that’s 09:00 Pacific), and will add a new quest, new heroes, and a number of general improvements.
Plan your future conquests with our list of the best strategy games on PC.
As you might infer from its title, the Stellar Prisoner’s new questline concerns a mysterious figure who is literally imprisoned in a neutron star. It also appears that neutron stars will be objectives in a battle arena mode, conferring special bonuses to whomever controls them.
- Neutron Star: a battle arena that provides bonuses to players who control this special node.
- A new quest triggered upon the discovery of the Neutron Star.
- A new Endless Virtual hero.
- A new Cravers Prime hero, unlocked by the community during an ARG.
- Two new, unique planets.
- Modding improvements, including the ability to edit visuals (hero, quests, events) and textures (planets, ships).
- General performance and AI improvements – there’s a full set of patch notes here on Steam.
The Stellar Prisoner update will be applied for free later today. Endless Space 2 is available on Steam here. It’ll cost you £34.99 ($39.99) for the standard edition and £44.99 ($49.99) for the digital deluxe.