Goat Simulator has had a go at making fun of other genres before, taking aim at World of Warcraft for a fantasy-themed expansion. The latest bit of DLC for the game – GoatZ – is this time poking at survival games with the big pastiche stick.
“GoatZ is the latest DLC for Goat Simulator and it will be the only survival game on Steam that isn’t in Early Access!” proudly claims the trailer’s description, before reeling off the game’s new features:
- Mandatory crafting system because everyone else is doing it
- Zombies that bug out. There’s a pun here about actual living bugs, but we’re not going to bother
- You can craft anything in the world, as long as it’s one of the half dozen weapons in the game
- Zombies, because this is a zombie game, remember?
- A pretty big new map with some stuff in it
- Completely realistic survival mode where you have to eat every damn five minutes to survive because Dean Hall & Garry Newman said so
Since Goat Simulator is singleplayer don’t expect the free-for-all madness of the likes of Rust and DayZ, but instead something more akin to Don’t Starve. Just with a lot more carnage and game-breaking bugs. And, erm, elephants.
GoatZ releases May 7th on Steam.