Grand Theft Auto V’s received its first patch since its launch on PC. There are few major issues needing to be addressed, a crash bug here, a memory leak there. Most importantly it does fix a weird facial bug that occurred when importing your console-created character to the PC build – eyebrow weirdness.
Apparently there was an issue where imported characters’ facial features could change when imported. Eye brows changed shape and colour, beards grew from unshaven chins, eyes moved further apart.
Quite the odd transition.
Other problems were bugs like the GTAV Launcher would using an abnormally high percentage of CPU leading to a crash, birds not being recorded in the Rockstar editor, and a crash bug in the Rockstar editor
Your copy of GTA V should apply the patch automatically next time you boot the game.
I’ve copied in the full notes below”
• Fixed an issue where the GTAV Launcher would use an abnormally high percentage of CPU and sometimes crash
• Fixed an issue where frame rate would drop when left-clicking the mouse while driving
• Added a grid to the Golf mini-game to show the topology of the green while putting
• Fixed an issue where a character’s eyebrows or other facial features could change erroneously when transferred to PC
• Fixed an issue where a some players were asked to transfer their GTA Online character while a transfer was already in progress
• YouTube uploads via the Rockstar Editor will now correctly resume if Internet connection is lost during the upload and later restored
• Fixed a rare issue where the game could crash while using the Rockstar Editor
• Projects containing deleted clips will now load properly in the Rockstar Editor and warn the player of the missing clips
• Fixed an issue where birds were not recorded correctly in Rockstar Editor clips
• Corrected an issue where certain characters in Windows usernames would cause the Launcher to fail to load or other undesired game behavior. For details, see this page.
• Fixed an issue where players with one garage would not be able to replace an existing vehicle if the garage was full and the new vehicle was purchased from an in-game website
• Additional fixes to prepare for iFruit support
• Crew Tire Smoke can no longer be purchased if you are not in a Crew
Can you run it? Take the GTA 5 system requirements test at PCGameBenchmark.