It’s Back to School time! But ArenaNet haven’t filled the Black Lion Trading Company’s shelves with half-price rulers, elastic ties and disintegrate-on-contact white polo shirts; unlike me, they know when to stop squeezing a joke. Instead, they’ve revived their 16-bit April Fools Super Adventure Box and opened up World 2: another gauntlet of jumping gymnastics, made absurd by a cruel new difficulty mode.
Alongside the colourful celebrations, the September 3 update will quietly introduce a stat boost to Legendary weapons, bringing them in line with new Ascended gear. It’ll also reimplement Magic Find as an account-wide bonus.
Revise for what’s coming using the comprehensive feature list below. And maybe you’d better swot up on the last Super Adventure Box update. Where in World 2 will you be headed first?
- Continued Education: Players can continue their studies by going deeper into World 2, traveling through the Rapids, Pain Cliffs and Storm Top, where they’ll meet their lethal final exam in the form of the Storm Wizard. Unlocking new items and upgrades along the way will be the key to getting ahead.
- Tribulation Mode: Moto’s newest challenge teaches resilience and non-linear thinking. Players will learn that life isn’t easy in this new, ridiculously difficult mode for all zones in Worlds 1 and 2.
- Super Weapon Set: Players can acquire a stylish new look for their weapons by trading in Bauble Bubbles to earn the rest of the Super Weapon Skins.
- King Toad and Storm Wizard Weapons: Showing their prowess in Super Adventure Box, players will earn the materials necessary for King Toad and Storm Wizard weapons.
- Mini Princess Miya: Players can create their own mini Princess Miya by combining in the forge a mini Moto and elements of Princess Miya’s outfit.
- Craft Ascended Weapons: New recipes and materials will be hidden around the world, and a new skill cap of 500 will be introduced for the Weaponsmith, Artificer and Huntsman crafting disciplines. Players crafting their way to 500 will become Grandmaster Crafters and can learn the secrets of crafting Ascended weapons.
- Legendary Weapon Updates: Legendary weapons will receive a stat boost, an Offensive Infusion slot to align with new Ascended weapons and additional functionality, among other things.
- Account-Wide Magic Find: Magic Find will be removed as an equipment stat and implemented as an account-wide bonus applied to all of a player’s characters.