With the second installment of the Flame and Frost content due this Tuesday, the Guild Wars 2 community is getting a sneak peak of some of its biggest features. Guild missions aim to put the “social” back in guilds, giving them more of a purpose beyond a flashy emblem. These new missions will focus on coordinated group play, earning new unlocks via guild merits.
Below we have a fancy video, as well as details on what each guild mission is about.
Here are the guild missions included in this Tuesday's update:
- Guild Bounty – Your guild is tasked with tracking down and capturing various targets for the Orders. These people are wanted for a variety of reasons and have all sorts of tricks up their sleeves to resist arrest!
- Guild Trek – Think you know Tyria? Well the Tyrian Explorer’s Society has a challenge for you! Find the list of locations before time runs out.
- Guild Challenge – These challenges leverage our existing event system but are specifically geared to require multi-group, coordinated play to succeed. So gather your guild and see if you’re up to the challenge!
- Guild Rush – Test your skills with a mad dash over harrowing terrain, traps, and other hidden dangers. Just remember, there’s safety in numbers!
- Guild Puzzle – It’s a puzzle and a jumping challenge all in one! This mission type requires multi-group coordination as well as individual jumping skills to get to the treasure at the end.
It all looks fun, and the rewards are tidy. You can use guild merits earned from these missions to unlock further guild upgrades, such as combo banners and reduced waypoint costs. They will also be used to unlock further missions in a tiered type system.
It’s all coming on Tuesday 26th of February, and we will have a hands on of the new content on Tuesday.