Nvidia have released their latest Game Ready driver, optimising your GPU for a handful of upcoming PC games. The 384.94 WHQL driver offers improved performance for Ark: Survival Evolved, LawBreakers, Fortnite, Dark and Light, and Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice.
If you already have a killer GPU, why not see what the best CPU for gaming is.
On top of all that, Eve: Valkyrie’s ultra graphics update should run much better, assuming there are no issues. Last month’s release caused a host of problems with Watch Dogs 2, so it might be a good idea to hold off for a few days and let them iron out any creases that appear.
As well as support for the upcoming games, there’s also your usual host of bug fixes. HDR users are being looked after, as are people with SLI setups. Here are the notes:
- [SLI][GeForce GTX 980][IL2-Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad]: There is no performance improvement under DirectX 11 after enabling SLI.
- [Star Ruler 2]: The game crashes within minutes of gameplay.
- [Titan Xp][Mass Effect – Andromeda]: After launching the game in full-screen mode, HDR cannot be enabled from the in-game HDR settings.
- [GeForce TX 1070/1080][Shadow Warrior 2]: Windows HDR settings conflict with ingame HDR settings, resulting in color over-saturation.
- [GeForce GTX 970][Gears of War 4]: The game may freeze with Release 384 drivers.
- [GeForce GTX 780/780 Ti][NieR:Automata]: The screen may freeze during gameplay.
- [Titan X][Watch Dogs 2]: The game may crash when launched.
- [GeForce GTX][DNF]: Poor game performance.
- [Windows Store – Channel 9 / rPlay]: In full-screen mode, the application playback becomes choppy and then the application crashes.
- [GeForce GTX 980][DisplayPort]: There is no signal on the monitor after turning the monitor off and then back on.
If you want to download now, do it through GeForce Experience.