November 4 Orphea’s full list of abilities and talents has been revealed.
Heroes of the Storm has historically been about bringing together classic Blizzard heroes, but Orphea, daughter of the Raven Lord, is going to change that. She’s the first original hero designed exclusively for HotS, marking the dawn of a new era for the MOBA – one that goes beyond the Blizzard canon to include original characters.
She’s also free for BlizzCon attendees and Virtual Ticket holders, so plenty of hardcore fans are getting access. The teaser’s light on gameplay details, but it does offer a clue to her abilities – loads of dark magic, with long trains of phantom tendrils and otherworldly mouths dealing damage to opponents.
You can see that teaser for yourself here, courtesy of the official Heroes of the Storm Twitter account.
Now we’ve gotten a look at Orphea’s list of abilities and talents, thanks to Icy Veins forum moderator Oxygen. Orphea’s abilities seem based around chaining hits on enemy Heroes, and using slows and stuns to keep abilities firing. We’re reprinting the full list here.
- Shadow Waltz (Q) – After 0.5 seconds, deal 150 damage to enemies in a line. Hitting a Hero with Shadow Waltz sets its cooldown to 2 seconds, refunds 25 Mana, and causes Orphea to dash a short distance upon moving.
- Chomp (W) – After 0.625 seconds, deal 285 damage to nearby enemies in front of Orphea.
- Dread (E) – Release a wave of dread that deals 85 damage to enemies hit. Dread erupts 0.75 seconds after reaching the end of its path, dealing 175 damage and Slowing enemies in the area by 25% for 2 seconds.
Overflowing Chaos (D) – Hitting an enemy Hero with a Basic Ability grants 1 Chaos. Chaos can stack up to 3 times. While Orphea has Chaos, her Basic Attacks against Heroes consume all Chaos, dealing 50% increased damage per stack, and healing for 100% of the damage dealt.
- Eternal Feast (R1) – After 1.5 seconds, deal 210 damage in an area. Eternal Feast repeats every 1 second as long as it hits an enemy Hero.
- Crushing Jaws (R2) – After 1.25 seconds, pull enemies in an area towards the center, dealing 275 damage and Stunning them for 0.75 seconds.
Level 1 talents
- En Pointe [Q] – Shadow Waltz deals an increased 50% damage to enemies hit by its end.
- Growing Nightmare [E] – Each Hero hit by the wave of Dread increases the damage of its eruption by 25%.
- Ancestral Strength [D] – Non-Heroic Abilities deal 25% more damage to Stunned, Rooted, Silenced or Slowed enemies and grant 1 additional Chaos when hitting Heroes.
Level 4 talents
- Allegrissimo [Q] – Hitting Heroes with the end of Shadow Waltz sets its cooldown to 1 second.
- Backbiter [W] – If Chomp hits a Hero, Orphea immediately dashes a short distance backwards.
- Fright [E] – Dread’s Slow also applies to enemies in Dread’s path, and stacks up to 50%.
Level 7 talents
- Insatiable [W] – Hitting a Hero with Chomp sets its cooldown to 2 seconds.
- Ravenous Hunger [W] – Quest: Minions that die within 1.5 seconds of being hit by Chomp permanently increase its damage by 3 and heal Orphea for 60. Heroes that die increase its damage by 60 and heal Orphea for 25% of her maximum Health.
- Mind Devourer [E] – Quest: Hitting Heroes with Dread increases its damage by 5, up to 200. Reward: After hitting 40 Heroes, hitting an enemy Hero with Dread’s eruption sets its cooldown to 6 seconds and refunds 50 Mana.
Level 13 talents
- Determination [Q] – After dashing with Shadow Waltz, Orphea gains 50 Spell Armor, stacking up to 2 times. While Orphea has Determination, her Physical damage is increased by 15%
- Abyssal Symbiosis [W] Hitting a Hero with Chomp instantly grants Orphea maximum Chaos.
- Invasive Miasma [D] – Activate to deal 150 damage to all nearby enemies after 2 seconds. For each Hero hit, heal for 182 and gain 1 Chaos.
Level 16 talents
- Bond of Anguish [Q] – Shadow Waltz deals bonus damage to Heroes equal to 3% of their maximum Health, healing Orphea for 50% of damage dealt.
- Dead Magic [D] – Basic Attacks that consume Chaos ignore Armor and deal 115 Spell Damage to all enemies around the target.
- Lurking Terror [A] – After Dread erupts and for 2 seconds after, activate to cast Chomp from the eruption area. Does not share a cooldown with Chomp.
Level 20 talents
- Monster Within [R1] – Eternal Feast grants 1 Chaos each time it hits a Hero. While Eternal Feast is active, Orphea’s Attack Speed is increased by 50%.
- Engulfing Oblivion [R2] – Crushing Jaws reduces the Armor of Heroes hit by 25 for 2 seconds. Takedowns set its cooldown to 5 seconds.
- Eldritch Conduit [D] – Each Chaos consumed increases Orphea’s Spell Power by 5%, up to 50%. After reaching the maximum bonus, the Spell Power is increased by an additional 50%. Lasts 10 seconds.
- Final Toccata [A] – Activate to instantly reset the cooldown of Shadow Waltz. For the next 6 seconds, dashing with Shadow Waltz resets its cooldown.