Location: Bath, UK.
Application deadline: November 28th, 2017.
If you love games, have a talent for writing, and know what a hashtag is, Network N has the perfect opportunity for you.
We’re currently looking for a Commercial Writer who can produce glittering editorial for our creative agency. That means you’ll be writing about videogames for well-known industry clients across a range of platforms, including Twitter and Facebook. As such, an understanding of social media is crucial.
But primarily you’ll have to be a great writer, and passionate and knowledgeable about gaming on all platforms. You’ll also have to work quickly, be organised and motivated, and looking to learn and improve. You’ll be based in our Bath, UK office.
This is a great opportunity for a talented writer looking to begin their career in the games industry, or perhaps a more established freelancer looking to join an enthusiastic and successful team.
That said, there’s more to the job than just churning out words - you’ll be expected to always be thinking about how to make your work more engaging, impactful, and shareable. If that sounds like a challenge you’d enjoy, we want to hear from you!
- Writing about the latest gaming news with concision and clarity
- Generating ideas on how best to write, present, and format your work to ensure it’s engaging and shareable
- Scheduling posts and monitoring their performance over time
- Building and maintaining relationships with industry clients
- Representing Network N at client-facing events and visits
Required skills and experience:
- The ability to write brilliantly, quickly and to task across a range of disciplines
- A keen interest in videogames and a good knowledge of them
- Knowledge and understanding of social media
- Experience writing and pitching articles
- Proactivity, attention to detail and excellent organisation
Desirable skills and experience:
- Previous social media work in a professional capacity
- Previously published work, ideally online
- Basic image and/or video editing skills
- Previous work on a magazine, website, or your own blog
To apply please e-mail a CV and covering letter to commercial editor James Nouch ([email protected]), with the subject line "Commercial Writer application". We'd also like to see previous examples of your written work, whether that takes the form of snippets from a personal blog or a portfolio of published articles.