Location: Bath, UK
Application deadline: 21st April 2017
PCGamesN are looking for a deputy editor to assist with the day-to-day running of PCGamesN.com.
With several years experience in games media, you’ll be happy managing a team of writers, planning content, commissioning work, writing brilliant articles, and running the website in the absence of the Editorial Director.
You’ll understand online publishing and what works and what doesn’t, have good knowledge of SEO practises, and a wide range of industry contacts. With a keen eye for detail and good organisation, you’ll ensure that all deadlines are hit and, in conjunction with our Production Editor, that all published content is the best it can be.
A talented writer, you’ll produce articles that resonate with the PCGamesN audience, ranging from news stories to features to investigative reporting. To do so you’ll have a strong knowledge of PC gaming on both software and hardware fronts.
You’ll have covered major trade shows such as E3 and Gamescom both on the ground and remotely, and be comfortable running editorial coverage during such events. You’ll also have the industry contacts to set up editorial opportunities and exclusives, and ensure comprehensive coverage on PCGamesN.
In addition to this you’ll have confidence in both writing for and appearing in PCGN’s video content.
- Managing and developing a team of writers and ensuring consistently excellent editorial on PCGamesN.com
- Exploring and maximising coverage opportunities so that PCGN can best serve its growing audience, and continuing the acceleration of this growth
- Generating ideas for compelling content, for pieces both self-produced and delegated/commissioned elsewhere
- Implementing and discovering SEO best practises
- Representing PCGamesN at industry events
- Contributing to the output of PCGamesN across video, social and other platforms
- Building and maintaining industry relationships
Required skills and experience
- 3+ years working in games media, with at least one of these spent at Deputy Editor level or above
- Excellent writing ability
- Team management including providing constructive feedback, editing copy, and developing and improving writers
- In-depth knowledge of the PC gaming industry, and extensive contacts within it
- Excellent attention to detail and organisation
- The ability to cope with multiple deadlines and a heavy, fast-moving workload
- Familiarity with commissioning freelance submissions
Desirable skills and experience
- Formal SEO training
- Script writing
- On-camera/voiceover work
To apply please send your CV and covering letter, detailing why you want to work at PCGamesN and what you think makes you the ideal candidate, along with some previous examples of your published work, to [email protected]