That’s right, we’re hiring again! PCGamesN’s parent company, Network N, is looking for an Ecommerce Editor to help develop the company’s commercial strategy. This is a full-time role, based in our offices in Bath, and is not available remotely.
An experienced writer, you’ll be working with the editorial team, and will be responsible for creating and commissioning buying guides and deals posts, and helping to keep your content up to date. You’ll also be in charge of shaping our strategy around some of the biggest shopping days of the year.
This is not an entry-level role, and as such you’ll need previous ecommerce experience, as well as knowledge of both games and gaming hardware, and the ability to write compelling content that’s consistent with the tone of PCGamesN and Network N’s other brands. You’ll also need a good understanding of SEO best practice, experience with online shopping technology and affiliate programmes, and know your way around a CMS. Oh, and you need to be a really good egg, too!
- Content creation, including buyer’s guides, deal posts, list features, and more
- Optimising existing content for ecommerce purposes
- Working with the wider editorial teams to devise, plan, and publish content that aligns with our overall strategy
- Updating and improving our on-site shopping technology in conjunction with our development team
- Planning and executing strategies for notable shopping events
Required skills and experience:
- Previous ecommerce experience working on a gaming/technology or related website
- Excellent writing skills
- An interest PC gaming and hardware
- A good knowledge of SEO and discoverability best practises
- The ability to analyse and interpret data, and optimise accordingly
- CMS proficiency
- Strong teamwork skills and work ethic, and a positive mentality
If that sounds like you, let us know. Alternatively, you might be interested in our full-time guides writer and staff writer roles, or in helping us set up Network N’s first brand-new website since 2012.
To apply please send your CV to [email protected], using the subject line: ‘Ecommerce Editor application‘, and let us know why you’re well-suited to the role in your covering email. We look forward to hearing from you.