The next League of Legends champion is Kai’Sa, Daughter of the Void. The high-risk, high-reward void marksman was revealed by Riot earlier this afternoon.
Keep up to date with League of Legends' patch 8.4 notes.
Kai’Sa’s abilities were included in the reveal, although footage showing them off is currently unavailable. They are as follows:
Second Skin (P):
Kai'Sa's passive has two parts - Caustic Wounds adds stacks of Plasma, which deals bonus damage at a certain value. Living Weapon is similar to Kha'Zix's ability to evolve his abilities.
- Caustic Wounds:
- Kai’Sa’s basic attacks mark enemies with Plasma, dealing increasing bonus magic damage. After a few successive attacks, the Plasma ruptures for a burst of damage based on the target’s missing health. Nearby allies’ immobilizing effects add stacks of Plasma.
- Living Weapon:
- Kai’Sa’s symbiote-suit adapts to her chosen attack style, evolving her abilities based on permanent stats gained from shop items and experience level.
Ithacan Rain (Q):
- Kai’Sa releases a swarm of missiles evenly distributed among nearby enemies, with additional hits on the same target dealing slightly reduced damage.
- Living Weapon: With enough bonus Attack Damage, Icathian Rain fires significantly more missiles.
Void Seeker (W):
- Kai’Sa fires off a beam of Void energy, revealing the first enemy hit, dealing magic damage, and applying stacks of Plasma.
- Living Weapon: With enough bonus Ability Power, Void Seeker deals more damage and partially refunds the cooldown on champion hit.
- Kai’Sa charges up, briefly increasing her movement speed but losing the ability to attack. After charging up, Kai’Sa whips out the big guns to increase her attack speed for a few seconds. Basic attacks reduce Supercharger’s cooldown.
- Living Weapon: With enough bonus Attack Speed, Supercharger briefly grants true invisibility while charging up.
Killer Instinct (R):
- Kai’Sa dashes at extremely high speed with long range to a location near an enemy champion marked with Plasma and briefly gains a damage-absorbing shield.
Here's what that looks like all together:
Kai'Sa works well on her own, stalking marked allies through the jungle, but also alongside her teammates - allied CC gives her the opportunity to use her ultimate to close gaps at high speed. Her Living Weapon passive means that you get massive power spikes on certain items, and while her abilities are powerful, Kai'Sa's at her best when they're threaded in between her auto-attacks. It's early days yet, but she sounds a lot like a cross between the speed and mobility of Lucian with the assassin-potential of Kha'Zix or Rengar.
Kai’Sa has been being teased for a while. First, a champion roadmap hinted at an upcoming new champion, before an easter egg appeared on the PBE showing the Rift Herald being killed by a bolt fired through a portal.